+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    From funny Taylor:

To serious Taylor ( I this pic btw):

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

If you guys get a chance, there is a great thread called I went to Graceland on the official AI boards in Taylor's folder. It is a GREAT story about two fans that were there and then chased down the vehicle while the idols in it and ended up getting her boot signed by Taylor (and a hug) it's a great thread that is sure to make you smile!

FORT Regular
    I think he would really benefit from an American Idol contract.

Quote Originally Posted by idowhatiamtold View Post
    I think he would really benefit from an American Idol contract.

All I can say is, please vote, vote, VOTE tonight, like you never have before. We can't take anything for granted at this point. Alot of people think Chris will win. We can't let that happen. Taylor is much more talented than that bald screamer.

This is the week when a favorite usually goes home (Tamyra, LaToya), because people think the leaders don't need the votes and try to help save others. Unfortunately, the person they end up saving always goes the next week anyway.

If Taylor is your favorite, please vote for him. No splitting votes or voting for others you think may need them. No one is ever safe and good performers always go, because voters think they are.

Go Taylor!
    Sing & dance the night away!

You know, I've been doing a lot of internet surfing lately, just to see what the fans, news sources, etc. have been saying about the contestants. I find it very ironic that many posters are claiming Taylor is 3rd or 4th in the polls (I've found many websites where Kat and Chris are above Taylor like AOL and MSN), yet in the blogs, EBay sales, song requests, video clips, fan sites, etc., Taylor is just dominating. And these things, versus polls, are far more accurate and hold much more weight when considering his popularity. For example:

Taylor leads in sales on EBay - combined sales exceeds all contestants combined according to one news source (I have to hunt down that link).

On the Vote the Fair Way website, Taylor is dominating.

On GoFish.com Taylor's video clips take up 7 pages - 63 video clips. His closest competitor is Elliot, with about 7 videos. Chris has only 1 and Kat has only 4.

On blogger websites that rate popularity based on favorable, neutral, and unfavorable comments (versus polls), Taylor dominates with over 73% favorable comments. His closest competitor is Chris, with 50% favorable.

Poster Remus Lupin provides a link to a web radio website (LastFM, I believe). Taylor's performances on AI are the most requested and listened to - 40 to Chris at 9). You could argue that Taylor has more recordings, but if people didn't like him, they wouldn't request his music.

People are buying merchandise from other websites (like Gray Charles), his Under the Radar CD, and downloading his MP3s like crazy.

Look at the FORT! He has 50 pages of comments - the closest is Elliott with 35 pages. People just like to talk about Taylor!

I suppose I could do a detailed analysis of what I have seen and read (who has the time?), but I think anyone who takes a little bit of time can see for themselves. The evidence is overwhelming - people favor Taylor, but Chris and Kat are labeled as the most marketable.

Regardless of what happens, I truly believe it will be Taylor's fans that will still be around when all of the dust settles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharrhys View Post
    You know, I've been doing a lot of internet surfing lately, just to see what the fans, news sources, etc. have been saying about the contestants. I find it very ironic that many posters are claiming Taylor is 3rd or 4th in the polls (I've found many websites where Kat and Chris are above Taylor like AOL and MSN), yet in the blogs, EBay sales, song requests, video clips, fan sites, etc., Taylor is just dominating. And these things, versus polls, are far more accurate and hold much more weight when considering his popularity. For example:

Taylor leads in sales on EBay - combined sales exceeds all contestants combined according to one news source (I have to hunt down that link).

On the Vote the Fair Way website, Taylor is dominating.

On GoFish.com Taylor's video clips take up 7 pages - 63 video clips. His closest competitor is Elliot, with about 7 videos. Chris has only 1 and Kat has only 4.

On blogger websites that rate popularity based on favorable, neutral, and unfavorable comments (versus polls), Taylor dominates with over 73% favorable comments. His closest competitor is Chris, with 50% favorable.

Poster Remus Lupin provides a link to a web radio website (LastFM, I believe). Taylor's performances on AI are the most requested and listened to - 40 to Chris at 9). You could argue that Taylor has more recordings, but if people didn't like him, they wouldn't request his music.

People are buying merchandise from other websites (like Gray Charles), his Under the Radar CD, and downloading his MP3s like crazy.

Look at the FORT! He has 50 pages of comments - the closest is Elliott with 35 pages. People just like to talk about Taylor!

I suppose I could do a detailed analysis of what I have seen and read (who has the time?), but I think anyone who takes a little bit of time can see for themselves. The evidence is overwhelming - people favor Taylor, but Chris and Kat are labeled as the most marketable.

Regardless of what happens, I truly believe it will be Taylor's fans that will still be around when all of the dust settles.

Everyone loves Taylor! And he was awesome last night! I applauded when Simon said that second song enabled him to sing his way into the semi-finals. Go Taylor!! I had a very hard time getting through to vote, both lines were busy, busy, busy. A very good sign!

Taylor was the most consistent singer there last night, because BOTH of his songs were on tune and sounded great. I voted and voted and voted..and it was pretty difficult getting through. Keep it up, TAYLOR!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I voted a lot last night, during commercials while watching House, and it was hard to get through. But I did manage to get in probably 20 votes. Even at 10:30, I still had busy lines. But, I do think Taylor is safe. I think that Kat or Chris will be toast. I like both, but someone has to go, and it can't be Taylor or Elliot after last night's great performances by both.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Both Taylor and Elliot were terrific last night. I hope to see them both advance to the semis, and would be pleased with a Taylor/Elliot final two. I hope both their fanbases worked their dialing fingers to the bone last night!

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM