+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 272 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Taylor Hicks - Season 5

I've been trying to think of what Taylor's fan base could call themselves.

Taylor's HICKS

Taylor's CHICKS or

HICK'S CHICKS

Of course, this leaves the guys out, except the first version. I'm ready to go to the T-shirt shop....NOW!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    From last season, I remember a few people mentioning that 19E gets first dibs on giving each contestant a contract. So, whenever one of the Top 10/12 gets eliminated, 19E can decide if they want to either contract them or release them to get a contract on their own.

At least that's what I heard someone say last season.
    Yeah, I've read the same thing on several sites.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Gang, please don't believe Randy's schtick about Simon "not liking" Taylor. Simon, so far, has smiled throughout at least two of Taylor's performances--something he's never done before in my memory. The AI producers are trying to drum up some drama by making Taylor out to be an underdog as far as Simon is concerned.
    I think you are absolutely correct. He knows that Taylor is the real deal and you can tell he loves to see him perform. He grins like its Christmas morning every time he sees Taylor sing. Simon just knows a good "storyline" when he sees one and it creates better drama for him to give Taylor a hard time. He's never once criticized Taylor's performances, just his looks.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I think on the AI boards his fan club is called Soul Patrol.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    I think on the AI boards his fan club is called Soul Patrol.
    Yep, it is and there are lots and lots of 'em in the patrol! (myself included!)
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    Yep, it is and there are lots and lots of 'em in the patrol! (myself included!)
    Me, too, bbnbama! I already have 4 of Taylor's song on my hard-drive; a first, since the only songs on there were the ones that came with my computer, four years ago.

Reading through all of the posts HERE and elsewhere, it appears that Taylor has a fan base that spans the generations; a first, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe Kelly did too, but I wasn't watching Idol then.

(edited to add): I just noticed, that in the eye area, Taylor also has a George Clooney thang goin' on, which is not a slouch to look at, either!
    Last edited by lambikins; 02-18-2006 at 04:14 PM.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I liked his original audition and I like his voice, but I have to agree with those few who thinks he's becoming a gimmic. But it's hard to tell right now...too early.

The fact that he looks like he's pushing 40 might work against him also.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    I liked his original audition and I like his voice, but I have to agree with those few who thinks he's becoming a gimmic. But it's hard to tell right now...too early.

I guess his apparent older looks could work against him with some people. On the other hand, that may be outweighed by the benefit of looking different from the rest of the folks on the stage. One of the tasks of any contestant is to distinguish himself from the others musically--and visually. So physical attributes that were supposed to work against people, like Ruben's weight or Clay's nerdiness, helped them in the end, I believe.

And another note on Taylor's hair--a turnoff for some, maybe, but I'm one of those who has always found gray hair on a younger man pretty sexy. [I even married one ].
    Last edited by pillbeam; 02-19-2006 at 10:19 AM.

Here's an article about Taylor in the Mobile Register in Alabama. His father is a dentist.

http://www.al.com/entertainment/mobi...980.xml&coll=3

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post

It's way too early to tell how he'll do and if he can adapt well to the other genres.

Personally, I think his premature grey is F-A-B! I love it. Just as those who suffer from male pattern baldness should not succumb to the combover or toupee neither shall the prematuring grey glance at a bottle of Just for Men! That's how he's meant to look and it's gorgeous. As mentioned earlier - Michael McDonald, Steve Martin. Sexy!

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM