+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Paris Bennett - Season 5

Paula told her during the first audition that she liked her voice. I thought she was just mocking her, because this girl's speaking voice is beyond obnoxious. Her singing voice at this audition was great, but the other one I heard at a later date was awful. Her little girl act is annoying. I have no doubt that Randy's love of her grandma will unfairly influence his voting.

Lex
    Quote Originally Posted by realityfan101 View Post
    I just can't get past her annoying voice.
    But that's just her speaking voice. The one that matters is her singing voice which is excellent.

Paris honey I love you but please ditch that ugly-ass cockerspaniel-ear extensions! You look like Janay now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    But that's just her speaking voice. The one that matters is her singing voice which is excellent.
    I can't agree. Doesn't the winner of AI have to make public appearances that involve speaking rather than singing? Kelly Clarkson is a goof without any poise, but her voice isn't offensive.

I like Paris, she acts like a young girl, because she is a young girl. No one can help how their speaking voice sounds. As far as Grandma's connections - I give Paris credit for wanting to make it her own way. Just might be, her parents and Grandmother want that also, to let her make her own mistakes and obtain a good work ethic. Being in the industry doesn't entitle one to get contracts for their relatives/friends, even if they have talent.
    Sing & dance the night away!

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBabe View Post
    I like Paris, she acts like a young girl, because she is a young girl. No one can help how their speaking voice sounds. As far as Grandma's connections - I give Paris credit for wanting to make it her own way. Just might be, her parents and Grandmother want that also, to let her make her own mistakes and obtain a good work ethic. Being in the industry doesn't entitle one to get contracts for their relatives/friends, even if they have talent.
    If Paris had gotten "Granny" to arrange a contract for her, she'd be accused of nepotism.

Since Paris has gotten into Idol, she's been accused of cronism.

Looks like the girl can't win for losing.

Oh, wait! Maybe she got "in" on talent-ism.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by prixtonetaler View Post
    Paris honey I love you but please ditch that ugly-ass cockerspaniel-ear extensions! You look like Janay now.
    The Janay comparison, now that is a low blow. Still you may be on to something, I'm just glad you said it & not me.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    If Paris had gotten "Granny" to arrange a contract for her, she'd be accused of nepotism.

I've been following all your comments in the other threads & I have to applaud you on your statements. It really seems that no matter what these people do it just isn't good enough. I swear they could be a nun & when they hit the show someone on this board would accuse them of getting divine intervention. Everyone has a life pre-idol, & those on this board that take issue with it should put their past out here for all of us to read & let us tear it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post

Couldn't have said it better myself!

GO PARIS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I've been following all your comments in the other threads & I have to applaud you on your statements. It really seems that no matter what these people do it just isn't good enough. I swear they could be a nun & when they hit the show someone on this board would accuse them of getting divine intervention. Everyone has a life pre-idol, & those on this board that take issue with it should put their past out here for all of us to read & let us tear it apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woot!
    Couldn't have said it better myself!

GO PARIS!!!!
    Thanks, razorbacker & Woot!: I'm glad to know that there are a couple of people willing to judge the Idol contestants on JUST their singing abilities and not a genetic or parental past that they have NO control over.

I chalk it up to just pure jealousy. Paris should be judged by her weeks or months ahead, when she opens her mouth to sing. I agree that she has a comical, squeaky voice, but as long as she's not recording "Books on Tape", I could care less what she sounds like when she's speaking. Besides, I'd probably 'squeal like a Deliverance piggy' and ask for my "mommy" if I won a spot on Idol!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

+ Reply to Thread