+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Paris Bennett - Season 5

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolls View Post
    Yeah, the famous background doesn't sit well with me. And for some reason, maybe the squeaky speaking voice or quietness, she does not see confident. Probably because she is so young. She is talented, but I am not sold.

I have to agree. I felt like since her first audition when Randy met her grandmother that she was already in the top 24. Yes she has a great voice and can sing, but she may have to step it up to overcome her family tree. Whose knows if the voting audience will hold it against her.

I do wish her the best and I think she is extremely talented. It will be interesting to see how she and other deal with singing in different genres this year. The judges picked some reall "niche" people this year. Maybe since Carrie, they have opened up past just pop. Will the audience?

FORT Fan
    I like Paris a lot, and I think she has incredible talent, but I don't really see her winning the whole thing. I know a lot of people are prejudiced against her because of her supposed connections, but I don't necessarily think her connections give her that big an advantage. How many Idol fans had ever even heard of Ann Nesby before Paris' audition? I'm guessing not many. There's way more to being successful in the music business than just getting a recording contract. Lots of artists get the contract, release an album and then fold. You have to be able to sell yourself and your recordings. Paris may or may not be able to get a recording contract without AI, but I'm pretty sure that she wouldn't be able to get the same experience or exposure just by having a "famous" grandmother.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    I love Paris! I think she's the strongest performer in the Top 24. I can't wait to see what she does! Yay for Paris!

I miss her shorter hairdo.
    If all we had to go on was the first audition I might agree on this, but from the 2 Hollywood auditions we were shown, she was really off. Really off. If she doesn't correct this I see her gone sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post

Regarding the fame of her Gran and Mom, again, no biggie. I remember one contestant was some relative of Fantasia's and they didn't get in. Now, if she came into the competition and said, "Bow down, All, in front of me for I am the Great and Powerful Granddaughter of Ann Nesby!", then I'd have a problem. But she can't be any more responsible for having a famous parent than those of us who don't.

Even for those Conspiracy Theorists that think her background opened the door for her, PARIS is going to be the one on stage, NOT her Gran or Mom. They may have helped Paris get her foot in the Idol door, but Paris has to walk through it, on her own talent.
    ^5. You hit the nail right on the head!
    "Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work."--Booker T. Washington, 1901

I really like Paris but was shocked by how off she was during the group sing. I hope that doesn't foreshadow some future performances.

In complete agreement, I loved her voice at the first auditions but the last few.. just have been very off key and missing that "element" which made me take notice of her in the first place.

Why didn't Paris' granny just use her connections to get her a record deal. You know it could be done. It really irks me, Paris is taking up a space that could be used by someone with no connections or advantages, I'm sure there are many out there who feel the same way and hopefully won't vote for her... I'm sick of this girl already, and I pray she doesn't make it far.

Lex
    We don't know what her story is. She may have tried other options, but AI is the best one for her. And we really don't know how far her family's connections would've taken her.

By going on AI, she's a household name and can be successful on her skills instead of her family connections.

credit 2 antmNatasha Fan of ANTM's Avatar
    SHe's in my top 6 of the girls
    Kari Schmidt of ANTM likes my Artwork

I just can't get past her annoying voice.

+ Reply to Thread