+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Paris Bennett - Season 5

Lex
    I love Paris! I think she's the strongest performer in the Top 24. I can't wait to see what she does! Yay for Paris!

I miss her shorter hairdo.

It actually annoyed me how she was keeping track of who was getting through on paper. Makes me feel like the sweet little girl thing might be an act. I for one love her voice and think she will go far, but doubt she could win it.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Lex
    Quote Originally Posted by JFlo View Post
    It actually annoyed me how she was keeping track of who was getting through on paper. Makes me feel like the sweet little girl thing might be an act.
    On come on! Wouldn't you be doing the same thing? And she wasn't even the only one doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    On come on! Wouldn't you be doing the same thing? And she wasn't even the only one doing it.

Well...I would be doing it in my head, but I wouldn't have the gall to write it down on paper.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

FORT Fogey
    She does have a great voice but there is one thing that buggs me.

What not many people realize or remember is that she has a grandmother (or aunt?) who is a famous and respectable singer. Randy knows her and was happy to see her when she came to support Paris during auditions.

Well, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Paris made it because Randy knows her grandmother. This kid has a great voice and is definely talented.

BUT you can't deny that having a close relative who is a professional singer and knows the business inside out can really help. She is definitely got some pointers what song to choose for the audition and how to sing it or something.

Anyway my point that Paris does have some sort of advantage here.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by southernbeauty View Post
    her voice is really squeaky and irritating...almost like she's whinning...get it together sweetie..and her look is too young..the pig tails and ponytails gotta go..she needs a more modern or contemporary look for a young ladynot a little girl....
    I love her voice and I can't wait until she makes the Top 12 and we see the stylist get a hold of her!!!!!! She needs color and something that makes her seem like a 17 year old and NOT a old lady (Hollywood rounds) or a kid (pigtails)
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I think her first audition was one of the best but in Hollywood week she went down in my books. Especially "Fever" sounded just brutal! Hopefully she can get her act together again.

It actually annoyed me how she was keeping track of who was getting through on paper. Makes me feel like the sweet little girl thing might be an act. I for one love her voice and think she will go far, but doubt she could win it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    Whether "keeping track" on paper or in your head, it's still keeping count! That's why "counter's" get booted from Vegas! Same diff.

I took her keeping track as a means to regulate her stress level. If she could concentrate on the list and the numbers, it would focus her stress on another area. And as Lex said, "There were other's making lists." Besides, what's the harm? She wasn't placing On-Line bets with the her bookie!

Regarding the fame of her Gran and Mom, again, no biggie. I remember one contestant was some relative of Fantasia's and they didn't get in. Now, if she came into the competition and said, "Bow down, All, in front of me for I am the Great and Powerful Granddaughter of Ann Nesby!", then I'd have a problem. But she can't be any more responsible for having a famous parent than those of us who don't.

Even for those Conspiracy Theorists that think her background opened the door for her, PARIS is going to be the one on stage, NOT her Gran or Mom. They may have helped Paris get her foot in the Idol door, but Paris has to walk through it, on her own talent.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fogey
    She seems like a nice girl, and she's definitely going to reach the top twelve (the judges will make sure of that). But I think she's good enough to win. I'm gussing that she'll finish between third and eighth.

She wasn't the only one keeping track. A few other people were as well. She has an amazing voice, so throughout the show we will get to see if she keeps up the performance. I wish you all the best Paris.

+ Reply to Thread