+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Covais - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post
    I find the AI Chicken Little thing funny, as I posted that pic in this thread on 2-16, a full week before the guys even sang for the first time. It did indeed make me think that AI was reading FORT. Of course it could just be a coincidence, but I like to think they read here.
    I don't think it was a coincidence. I think the picture was hysterical and all in good fun. He didn't seem to mind too much. The kids are having fun.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post
    I find the AI Chicken Little thing funny, as I posted that pic in this thread on 2-16, a full week before the guys even sang for the first time. It did indeed make me think that AI was reading FORT. Of course it could just be a coincidence, but I like to think they read here.
    Yes you did invent the "Chicken-Little" reference....HOO HOO...Tell 'Em Fred.

FORT Fogey
    I'm starting to have second thoughts about Kevin... yes, he seems like a nice kid, but I thought he was horrible last night. What the hell were Randy and Paula thinking? Still, he'll probably survive tonight's eliminaton episode.

Well, I wonder. Ryan said the name came from Paris. But it was my impression that the contestants are banned from reading on-line stuff about the show while it's airing.

My guess? Either Paris got away with reading here, or one of her relatives reads here and repeated the reference to her. Suncat, you are famous!

Elsewhere I've seen claims that the Chicken Little resemblance is obvious, but I don't think that's true. You either have to be looking at the picture of C.L. and Kevin at the same time, or have a sudden inspiration, as I think suncat did (and as I did when I recalled that picture of The Joker that looks just like Gedeon). Harry Potter would have been the obvious resemblance.

Of course I still think of Kevin as "Fetus", just because he seems so... unformed. Or if he's Chicken Little, he's fresh from the egg, still half-covered in yolk.

As for what Dawgbreath and the Crazy Queen were thinking complimenting his last performance? Beats me. He may stay, because Jo-Sway and Crappy Crooner were much worse, but if Jo-Sway really has a built-in crazy fanbase, then Kevin would be next up for his head on the block--or at least he should be, assuming the two crazy judges really aren't representing what viewers actually feel. Peter Brady could conceivably also go or stay based on similar reactions. Of course, Peter and Fetus could eat each other's support up this week, causing one or both of them to be at risk.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Well, I wonder. Ryan said the name came from Paris. But it was my impression that the contestants are banned from reading on-line stuff about the show while it's airing.
    Since when? I've read that most of them do go on-line to see how popular they are. I've also read that some of them (in past seasons) quit going on-line because of the malicious stuff being said about them.

I thought he sounded fine on "Grapevine." Better than he has sounded before. But there's still too much "novelty act" about that voice and style coming out of a teenager who looks like a fetus with glasses to build a career on that.
    Of course TPTB don't care about much besides making the show interesting so they may try to keep him around a while.

Suncat, you are famous!
    Heck, I already was famous. *kidding*

*enjoys 15 seconds of glory*

During Hollywood, it kept nagging at me that Kevin made me think of a cartoon bird, so I came up with the Egghead Jr and Chicken Little pics and posted them here.

I think anyone who sees the two of them (Kevin and Chicken Little) could make the comparison....

BUT.......

I tivo'ed American Idol last night, and the pic of Chicken Little they used was the EXACT one I posted, only flipped. (reversed.) So, I'm going to pretend that it was because of me, just because.

*but if it was, then it would mean I hurt a kid's feelings. *
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

This guy is cute in a kind of geeky little kid way, but American Idol - NO WAY!!! He is 16, but looks 12 (very very slow in physical maturity). I think the fans are voting for him because he is so non threatening and different than any others before him. However, his voice - average.

FORT Fogey
    He's a nice kid, but Kellie has the cute market cornered. Anyway, while he shows occasional moments of goodness, his general singing voice is horribly weak and getting worse. I don't know how the heck he got this far in the first place, other than the judges being completely off their rockers.

I don't even know how this no-talent NERD is allowed in the building, let alone competing in the top 20. Crazy.

+ Reply to Thread