+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Covais - Season 5

FORT Fogey
    This is a very sweet "REAL" kid unlike (cough) Ace with an abundance of vocal talent. His pitch is about 98%. The problem is a slight lisp at times and a lack of star quality. Cute, yes. American Idol, no, but I wish him well. I also think he will make the top 12.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    While I'm one of those people who are ga-ga over Ace, a proud member of Taylor's Soul Patrol and rocking with Chris but I absolutely adore Kevin!!! This kid makes my heart melt and to top it off, he can sing!! His parents always look like they could bust with pride and that makes me tear up to see them that way. He seems like a nice kid...brought up well....and probably a little amazed that he's gotten that far and gotten all those cute girls in the Top 12 pinching his cheeks. Did I vote for him last night? You bet I did! I want him to do well...I want to see more of him.....and I'll be heartbroken when his time is up!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Leo
    Premium Member
    I'm of very mixed minds about Kevin. I look at him, I wonder "What's this kid doing here?" Then he sings and I say, "That's why he's here." I'd love to see him progress some more, work out the nerves, get a little more coaching in... he could go a lot further than most people would expect otherwise.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    While I'm one of those people who are ga-ga over Ace, a proud member of Taylor's Soul Patrol and rocking with Chris but I absolutely adore Kevin!!! This kid makes my heart melt and to top it off, he can sing!! His parents always look like they could bust with pride and that makes me tear up to see them that way. He seems like a nice kid...brought up well....and probably a little amazed that he's gotten that far and gotten all those cute girls in the Top 12 pinching his cheeks. Did I vote for him last night? You bet I did! I want him to do well...I want to see more of him.....and I'll be heartbroken when his time is up!
    Very well said. This boy is so endearing.

FORT Newbie
    Let's be honest, Kevin is just that "nice kid" who looks like he's the AV/geeky guy at school. He'll be adored...but as a "friend". Ace has got that "hot" factor which women will drool over. Yeah sure all those girls wanted to pinch his cheeks and be his "friend".

I hope he gets far but he's gotta break out of the Alfalfa vocals..

FORT Fogey
    I think he's got potential, but I thought last night's performance was just "ok".

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    I agree.

Chris, Taylor and Ace are my favorites. Elliot also has a great voice. But, I'd put Kevin right there with Elliot, especially given his age. I hope he makes the top 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    This is a very sweet "REAL" kid unlike (cough) Ace with an abundance of vocal talent. His pitch is about 98%. The problem is a slight lisp at times and a lack of star quality. Cute, yes. American Idol, no, but I wish him well. I also think he will make the top 12.
    I like this kid, but I think he may be out of his league.

I love Kevin. I think he is very talented. When we saw him last night, my mom and I thought he looked like Radar from M.A.S.H. He is too cute! One of my favorites.

Not impressed, sorry. And I did find the judges (except for Simon) patronizing. I want to pinch your cheeks???? How old is he, 5?

+ Reply to Thread