+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 163 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108148 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

I know...if it was El/Taylor, I could sit back and enjoy the show. I actually liked Clay and Ruben, Clay more, and sucked it up when Carrie won. I do enjoy listening to Carrie, just not watching her. But El/Taylor...love to watch AND listen.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

Quote Originally Posted by Celestique View Post
    I know...if it was El/Taylor, I could sit back and enjoy the show. I actually liked Clay and Ruben, Clay more, and sucked it up when Carrie won. I do enjoy listening to Carrie, just not watching her. But El/Taylor...love to watch AND listen.
    Yes, I think Taylor and Elliott's styles compliment each other as do their talents. I would enjoy that show.

Can you guys imagine Taylor and Kat singing a duet in a finale? You know, like Diana/Fantasia, and Ruben/Clay.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    Elliot was off his game last night...he didn't blow me or the audience away last night. Nutty Paula picked a horrible song that didn't compliment his vocal style either. She seriously needs to stop drinking and laying off the prescription medication. He could scave by if most votes went to Taylor instead of Katherine; I think Elliot has more fans than Katherine.

Elliot was off his game last night...he didn't blow me or the audience away. Nutty Paula picked a horrible song that didn't compliment his vocal style either. She seriously needs to stop drinking and laying off the prescription medication.
    I TOTALLY agree with you...on the fact that Elliot wasn't at his best and that paula gave him an awful song . If he went up into the audience and danced with the judges,(like Taylor )he would probably get more votes. I don't know why, but it's working for Taylor...

Quote Originally Posted by Moosh_lover View Post
    I TOTALLY agree with you...on the fact that Elliot wasn't at his best and that paula gave him an awful song . If he went up into the audience and danced with the judges,(like Taylor )he would probably get more votes. I don't know why, but it's working for Taylor...
    Yes, but doesn't Elliott wear an insulin pump on stage (hence the untucked shirts). He obviously has a sense of rythm and a hip style. I think there's a reason why he doesn't give a bit more of a performance.

I am sceeered going to be a nerver racking ten minutes between AI and AR AT THE SAME TIME!!!

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    ^Well I have seen recent photos of Elliot playing baseball and such. I am sure he is not limited in the physical activity department because of his insulin pump. He has to do choreography for their shows--lots of running around and jumping on stage.

I think he is a straight shooter when he sings, whereas Taylor is just physical in his style. I hope Elliott's condition didn't make him tired; he has traveled and rehearsed a lot this week; also, I heard he met his long lost sister yesterday before the show. He must be exhausted!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    I was considering buying my first AI show CD as I heard the songs Taylor and Kat were contributing to it, but when I heard Elliot's track was Moody's Mood for Love, that did it. I'm getting it as soon as I can. In fact I just looked on iTunes to see if it was available. Not yet, but I'll keep checking.

BTW, if you like Elliot the free download at iTunes right now is a performer you might like... Jamie Lidell. Check it out.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Newbie
    I'm new to this blogging thing.. I don't even know if I'm doing this right.. I wasn't going to joing but I wanted to voice my opinion. however, thats really not my point here.
    I think its time that i expressed this to a larger group than my Idol homey and my fiance... who doesn't watch idol but knows about it because of my incessant babbles.
    I keep hearing that if Elliott moved around more or "performed" he would've been noticed more and moved to the next round.. etc. But.. For me.. Elliott has that sinatraesque talent.. that all he has to do is start singing and he demands your attention. His voice is so crisp, clean..really perfect.
    He doesn't need to jump around.. he doesnt need to be a "performer" His amazing voice tells the story.
    Sinatra didn't dance around
    Cash didn't dance around
    ... i could go on but i think my point is made.
    This is not the end of Elliott.. like he said.. it's just the beginning..
    and I have to agree with Paula (much to my dismay) he is one funky white boy.

+ Reply to Thread