+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

FORT Newbie
    Just wondering...how many of you voted via text message rather than calling in? want to gauge how accurate some of these prediction sites are..

We texted with 2 cellphones at out house!

On the rumor mill.... I saw on the official boards a guy that is a stage hand (or his friend is or something) or something saw Chris's montage being put together. He kept telling everyone but everyone laughed because they all thought Kat was gone. He also said which song Elliott would be singing by Ray charles but everyone else kept saying "You don't know me" or something. Well today he says he saw Kat's montage being put together and he heard them saying Elliott's text votes got him through. Now I want to believe this SO much but I still am trying to take it with a grain of salt! I am a nervous wreck!

Quote Originally Posted by ReneeM View Post

On the rumor mill.... I saw on the official boards a guy that is a stage hand (or his friend is or something) or something saw Chris's montage being put together. He kept telling everyone but everyone laughed because they all thought Kat was gone. He also said which song Elliott would be singing by Ray charles but everyone else kept saying "You don't know me" or something. Well today he says he saw Kat's montage being put together and he heard them saying Elliott's text votes got him through. Now I want to believe this SO much but I still am trying to take it with a grain of salt! I am a nervous wreck!
    Yeah, that post was pretty specific giving landline and text vote totals. I want to believe it, but at the same time, I know it's not reliable or substantiated. *fingers crossed though*

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    First, why the heck was there only 15 minutes of singing during an hour-long singing competition?
    Because first and foremost, Idol has never been a singing competition.

Let's see...

60 min show

18 min commercials
    2 min opening/end credits
    15 min singing
    5 min of intros to the songs (might actually be less)

That leaves 20 min for the 4 supreme egos to hog screen time with their self-promotion, fake conflicts and pseudo-critiques.

We know it's really all about making money... as shown by the fact that the ads take up more time than the singing.

Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81 View Post
    I only got in one vote the entire time last night when trying to vote for Elliot. But I just read soybeans post about getting 100 votes in for Elliot the last half hour. Is that a bad sign? Because me personally I have never been able to get thru that much to vote for anyone. I really believe everyone except Paula is pushin for Kat or Taylor to win. I hope Simons comments about Elliot not making it thru will just make people vote more to prove him wrong. Clive Davis really bothered me. He picks such horrid songs for all of them except Taylors "dancing in the dark". I didnt go through all these posts so I dont know if anyone mentioned it or not but did anyone notice how when Kat was there he said "WHEN we work together" and when Elliot said he hopes to work with him in the future, Clive kinda just went on to what he had to say and didnt acknowledge that? Elliot is the true underdog of this season. I really really hope he makes it through. Its gonna be tough to beat Taylor next week though whoever is up against him. I do like Taylor. Dont get me wrong but Elliot is a much stronger singer than Taylor is. Performance wise thats a different story but just on voice, I really dont see how people think Taylor is the best of the bunch. I like him though and will be happy if he wins but I wont be satisfied. I will only be satisfied if MY Elliot wins! Love you E!
    I started the season (in the pre-season tryouts) with Kat and Taylor being my two faves ... Taylor probably even more so than Kat. But very early on, from the time they first began to show him ... Elliott just captured my heart. He is the only one I've cast a vote for all season long and if he goes tonight (which seems likely after the bullcr*p setup to de-pimp him the entire night last night), then I don't really care who wins next week.

Elliott is staying and then he's going to kick butt and blow everyone away next week!

He is SO not going home tonight. I can feeeeeeel it....

Seriously, I think Kat is going home. I like Kat and I like Taylor, but neither one is in Elliott's class vocally.

He's going to win the whole thing, mark my words.

I'm preparing for the worst. I'll enjoy his hometown visit (Richmond...woot!) and everything but the last two minutes. I've voted for Taylor a few times, but not nearly as much as Elliott. I phoned in my votes.

Please, please let Kat go home!
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

FORT Newbie

awww jeeeezzz!!! this is driving me crazy!

Okay now I ama nervous. I really want a Taylor/Elliot finale. I like them both so it would be nice to just enjoy the show and not agonize and throw things at the tv when my favorite doesn't win (see Bo and Clay). Please let this be true.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

There's been a big spike in interest in Elliott this week. I can't see Chris' votes going to anyone but Elliott. Keeping fingers crossed!!!

+ Reply to Thread