+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 163 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoug View Post
    I think TPTB will continue to ignore him after the fact. Clive Davis has already talked about wanting to work with Chris and Paris, but hasn't mentioned Elliott.

Certainly I will continue to follow his career with great interest, but I think he'll have a much harder time getting the backing he needs if he leaves tonight. I'm hoping there's a record exec out there, maybe at a jazz or R&B label, who is an Elliott fan and will sign him.
    Based on Clive Davis' track record with Idol contestants' albums, one can only hope he will ignore Elliott. I think someone like the irascible David Foster would be a better producer for Elliott and will help him fine-tune his vocals without trying to genericize him. Foster has worked with some great R&B artists over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin View Post
    Based on Clive Davis' track record with Idol contestants' albums, one can only hope he will ignore Elliott. I think someone like the irascible David Foster would be a better producer for Elliott and will help him fine-tune his vocals without trying to genericize him. Foster has worked with some great R&B artists over the years.
    And Tommy Motolla loved Kat. I think Taylor could conceivably win & come out on the dirty end of the Clive stick.

FORT Fogey
    I only got in one vote the entire time last night when trying to vote for Elliot. But I just read soybeans post about getting 100 votes in for Elliot the last half hour. Is that a bad sign? Because me personally I have never been able to get thru that much to vote for anyone. I really believe everyone except Paula is pushin for Kat or Taylor to win. I hope Simons comments about Elliot not making it thru will just make people vote more to prove him wrong. Clive Davis really bothered me. He picks such horrid songs for all of them except Taylors "dancing in the dark". I didnt go through all these posts so I dont know if anyone mentioned it or not but did anyone notice how when Kat was there he said "WHEN we work together" and when Elliot said he hopes to work with him in the future, Clive kinda just went on to what he had to say and didnt acknowledge that? Elliot is the true underdog of this season. I really really hope he makes it through. Its gonna be tough to beat Taylor next week though whoever is up against him. I do like Taylor. Dont get me wrong but Elliot is a much stronger singer than Taylor is. Performance wise thats a different story but just on voice, I really dont see how people think Taylor is the best of the bunch. I like him though and will be happy if he wins but I wont be satisfied. I will only be satisfied if MY Elliot wins! Love you E!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81 View Post
    I really really hope he makes it through. Its gonna be tough to beat Taylor next week though whoever is up against him. I do like Taylor. Dont get me wrong but Elliot is a much stronger singer than Taylor is. Performance wise thats a different story but just on voice, I really dont see how people think Taylor is the best of the bunch. I like him though and will be happy if he wins but I wont be satisfied. I will only be satisfied if MY Elliot wins! Love you E!
    In Nigel L's interview today, he said the first positive things I ever remember him saying about E, said he sang very well last night though he hated all the song choices. ... I kind of interpret that as the kiss of death, since he seems to go out of his way to say something nice about whoever's leaving, no matter how he's spoken of them before. You never know, though, I guess.

Nige said that Katherine's last song kept it from being *her* night altogether. I would have thought that the first song would have participated in that effort, also, but I guess he figured that one was erased by the SOTR performance, which of course he thought was the best thing since sliced bread.

Please please let Elliott be one of the final two

FORT Fogey

Elliott's cousin, the record producer

According to TV Guide, Elliott actually has a cousin who's a record producer, and who, like the rest of the family, didn't know he could sing until the show. ... So since it turns out that he does have a family connection -- the guy's produced stuff for Guns'n'Roses, among others -- he's got an even better shot (I'd say, 100 percent shot, really) at getting an album made at some point. Yea.

The Cousin -- Josh Abraham. Producing credits include Pink, Velvet Revolver, Limp Bizkit, Michelle Branch. Not exactly right down Elliott's street, but the guy is quoted by TV Guide as saying that he would "totally" produce Elliott's album, so E does know a man who knows a man, which can't possibly be bad.
    Last edited by natashapierre; 05-17-2006 at 04:53 PM.

Rumor is we'll be pleasantly surprised. I hope it's true. The poor guy had to put his name in the song last night (which was awesome), but even this board doesn't have his name spelled correctly on the headshots at the top of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre View Post
    According to TV Guide, Elliott actually has a cousin who's a record producer, and who, like the rest of the family, didn't know he could sing until the show. ... So since it turns out that he does have a family connection -- the guy's produced stuff for Guns'n'Roses, among others -- he's got an even better shot (I'd say, 100 percent shot, really) at getting an album made at some point. Yea.

The Cousin -- Josh Abraham. Producing credits include Pink, Velvet Revolver, Limp Bizkit, Michelle Branch. Not exactly right down Elliott's street, but the guy is quoted by TV Guide as saying that he would "totally" produce Elliott's album, so E does know a man who knows a man, which can't possibly be bad.
    Wow, that's great to hear. I didn't know that. Thanks, natashapierre, for passing that on.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    . . .why the heck was there only 15 minutes of singing during an hour-long singing competition?
    My thoughts exactly!
    "Singing" competition my @$$ . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre View Post
    Totally! Even Randy said weeks ago during one of his Elliott judging sets that he'd "produce him right now!"

I can't wait to get his album.

I really think he's in the finals. I have this gut feeling.

+ Reply to Thread