+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 163 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

I don't want to get too enthusiastic after just the first week, but Elliott is definitely shaping up to be my favourite this season.

I need to hear more, but think that I could easily end up agreeing with Simon's assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    I don't want to get too enthusiastic after just the first week, but Elliott is definitely shaping up to be my favourite this season.

I need to hear more, but think that I could easily end up agreeing with Simon's assessment.

I've been obsessing over his awesome rendition of "If You Really Love Me." Other contestants are flashier, but this guy's singing gets to you in a subtle way. Hopefully not too subtle though. I want him to stick around. Is it too early to say Final 2?

Good voice (maybe one of the best), but his looks and personality just don't speak "American Idol" to me.

Let me put it like this- I do not get turned on by Stevie Wonder songs- EVER. Until now. He gave me goosebumps! He is my future ex-husband, hands down!
    Go Tigers!

This guy is really good. Can't wait for him to sing on tonights episode.

I've been listening his rendition of "If you really love me" and I like him more and more. Damn, this guy is good! He has such a rich tone to his voice and almost perfect pitch. And since he's not a typical poster boy, you can identify with him. Can't wait to hear what he's gonna do next.

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    Good voice (maybe one of the best), but his looks and personality just don't speak "American Idol" to me.
    Do we really want style over substance?

I don't have an opinion of him yet, I need to hear more. But looks don't play any part of it for me. I didn't think Bo was that good looking at the start of last season either, but he surely grew on me.

FORT Newbie
    Is it just me or does this guy look he just came from a) the Hutterite colony b) the Mennonite colony or c) the Amish settlement? Picture him with black pants, suspenders, a black long sleeve shirt and a black wide brim hat... I defy anyone to say otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Do we really want style over substance?

I don't have an opinion of him yet, I need to hear more. But looks don't play any part of it for me. I didn't think Bo was that good looking at the start of last season either, but he surely grew on me.
    I love his voice and could care less what he looks like.

FORT Newbie
    man..this guy is REALLY impressive. i don't know if most people appreciate just how hard it is to sing the songs he has sung the way he sings them. seriously, i was impressed when he sang his first song last week, but this week just solidified in my mind how talented he is. forget his looks for a minute...this guy's voice is HEAD AND SHOULDERS above everyone else's in the comp. The guy's got great range and incredible voice control. Its hard as heck not to go falsetto in any stevie wonder song. Notice, he didn't go falsetto once! He voice just basically glides over the high and low notes with no hint of shallowness. His voice is so rich and resonant through all the notes, without a HINT of strain. Its crazy. Its the type of voice that you're born with and something you can't teach. Simon was right (as he usually is) last week when he said this guy could potentially be the best male vocalist they've had on the show. I'm not at all concerned whether he can sing "other types of songs" like Simon indicates. He's a natural. And with a voice naturally that good, you can sing pretty much anything well.

+ Reply to Thread