+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 163 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

I agree with you misskitty. I feel that one of them will leave. I'm hoping we're wrong, but that would mean that Paris leaves and I doubt that.

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by miadora View Post
    "Home" was great! "On Broadway," ugh. Double-ugh. I can only assume that the AI folks couldn't get the rights for any of Elliott's first 7 song choices for his birth year song so they forced him to sing On Broadway since they already had rights to that song thanks to good ol' Scott Savol (thanks, Scott). Or maybe the AI producers were too lazy or too busy to pursue other song rights and asked Elliott for a favor. Ugghh!!!
    I second the "ugh" I was hoping he wouldn't do that song...he could have done so many other songs for year of birth--70's R&B, he had a lot to choose from.

I hope they never sing "On Broadway" on AI ever again...

On another note, why hasn't Hollywood made movies about "On Broadway" or "Copacabana"? Ala Moulin Rouge or Chicago! They have already done Wayy too many vintage sitcoms; they should start doing songs.

Elliott has been nothing if not consistent. He's never had a bad vocal since the top 24 rounds. His On Broadway last night was a little rough, but the last half was very good. And his second song was lovely, if more than a little trite/boring.

I don't understand calling Elliott inconsistent for having 1/2 a bad performance when all the other contestants left have had more than their share of ups and downs.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    Elliott has been nothing if not consistent. He's never had a bad vocal since the top 24 rounds. His On Broadway last night was a little rough, but the last half was very good. And his second song was lovely, if more than a little trite/boring.

I don't understand calling Elliott inconsistent for having 1/2 a bad performance when all the other contestants left have had more than their share of ups and downs.
    I totally agree sista!

I was so afraid Elliott would be going last night. I'm very relieved he's still in the competition. I would love for him to win, but I just don't see it happening. I don't think he can overcome the Taylor/Chris fanbase. I think he's the best pure singer of the lot, but Simon won't back him and Simon has a lot of clout on AI and the voting. Katherine's fans have seemed to come out fighting lately, too. I'm gonna be sad when/if he goes home.

I was shocked Elliot was in the bottom 2 last night. I felt he did not deserve to be there at all. But I wasn't surprised of the two, that Paris went home.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

It was disappointing to see him in the bottom 2. With Paris! But at least he survives to sing another week. ()

I'm really looking forward to the Elvis theme. It favors him quite well, I think. Many possibilities. I'd die to hear him sing Kentucky Rain, Suspicious Minds, If I Can Dream. I think he'd totally have a show-stopping, wow! moment with "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me." He's so spoiled for choice on this one.

I wish he could sing 8 songs and let everyone else have Tuesday off.

LOL MotherSister. I'd like to see that happen, too. I love Kentucky Rain and agree that would be a good choice for him.

FORT Fogey
    It was disappointing to see him in the bottom 2. With Paris! But at least he survives to sing another week. ()

I'm really looking forward to the Elvis theme. It favors him quite well, I think. Many possibilities. I'd die to hear him sing Kentucky Rain, Suspicious Minds, If I Can Dream. I think he'd totally have a show-stopping, wow! moment with "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me." He's so spoiled for choice on this one.

I agree. I really really want him to hit a couple of glory notes, though. If he would do that, I think a lot more people would convert to his cause.

Suspicious Minds and You Don't Have To Say You Love Me: We must all psychically send theses picks to Elliott right now. Ready, 1,2,3...

+ Reply to Thread