+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 163 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110160 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    I hope after that fiasco last season with Scott doing George Benson's "On Broadway" the show will never do that song again--I actually hate that song! Elliott is better than that song anyway. Elliott could do anything by Luther Vandross and pull it off!

He should stick to ballads or uptempo songs and not go out of his comfort zone with Billy Joel; don't get really cheesy like Taylor! I shrudder thinking about Taylor's drunk dance

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Shruddering is a good thing to do!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Misc. pics......

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I love him. What great pics.

bb, thanks yet again!

I love that second pic where he's being a total goof! He's such a man-child. Absolute sweetheart. ()

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    I would love, love, love to hear him sing some Luther or Teddy P
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    I think he can handle a song he doesn't know well. He'd never heard "Somebody To Love" before Queen week, and that was (arguably) one of his best performances.
    I think his encore performance of that song was great! He seemed to have 100% more confidence on results night than his performance on vote night. He may already be at the point where it doesn't matter whether he's sung the song before or not (including rehearsals and vote night). So I hope to agree with you. I guess I still feel a little overprotective of him vs. the professional experience of the other guys only because he may still be a little green and he seems to shine even brighter with songs he knows. As he gains more experience as a performer I think it won't matter either way anymore; if he isn't there already.

I can see I'm on the same page as many of you here. Elliot is my FAVORITE and would love to see him sing some Luther...James Ingram...heck, he could even pull off some Barry White. GO ELLIOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miadora View Post
    I would say he would do well with "Always and Forever" because his on-stage confidence soars when he sings a song he knows and I think he knows that one well. And there's definitely room in that song for him to make it his own.

I would also still say "Close the Door" by Teddy Pendergrass. It's got that same feel of "Teach Me Tonight" but it might have too much sexual innuendo for American Idol. But he would KILL everyone with his version of it. I know it.

I think overall his best performances have been 1) Songs he knows well and would normally sing at karoke and 2) slow burning songs. I thought his slow songs were always much more powerful vocally than his uptempo performances. I love some of the songs you guys picked out for him, but feel he may not do well with a song if he doesn't know it. I'm just assuming here BTW.
    If he sang either "Close the Door" or "Always and Forever", I'll be sooooo happy. I do have a feeling "Close the Door" might be a little bit too sexual for AI though...blah.

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    Please don't do the song "On Broadway" by Benson! I hate that song after they did it last year...I hear Elliott may do it--I shrudder!

No Teddy songs, too gimmicky; he could do Al Green "Lets Stay Together" but that's a hard song. Whatever song he does, I know he'll be good though. I hope he is in the top two, he deserves it.

+ Reply to Thread