+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 163 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

FORT Fogey
    I think Elliott could pull off Always and Forever. It's a great song.

I think he could pull it off too, but it's a bit expected and predictable. I want to hear something upbeat, which is why I think "Only the Good" is a good choice that Elliott could knock out of the park. And who doesn't like vintage Billy Joel.

Or! I'd like to hear "Back in Love Again" by LTD. I just found out that was released in 1978. It's got a really great bass line, and an exciting tempo, great riffing potential. It's perfect to get him back in "funky white boy" territory. Too bad he's probably never heard of it.

FORT Newbie
    Hello everyone! I am very new here. I've gone to Amazon.com and listened to some of the songs I picked from the hits of 1978 and I came up with three that IMHO seem like they might be right for Elliott. I could be wrong, of course but I'd like everyone's opinion. FeralFeeder, I agree with you about Billy Joel's "Just The Way You Are" and that would be my #1 choice. Number two would be Rita Coolidge's "We're All Alone" - I think it can be sung by a gal or a guy and number three would be "The Closer I Get To You" done by Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway. The top 100 current Billboard chart songs is much harder as aluded to by MotherSister who is absolutely correct that we do not want our Elliott singing "Bad Day". However, from what I can tell Michael BuBle has a CD entitled "It's Time" on the current chart and "You Don't Know Me", "Feeling Good" or "Home" might fit E. "Home" has received lots of radio time for a while now. If you want to listen to a bit of these songs you can go to Amazon.com or wherever you can hear part of or the whole song.

I may be infallible, but that doesn't mean I can't make mistakes. -

FORT Newbie
    Oh, I forgot something I have been wondering about and you all might can tell me the answer. Do the contestants have expenses connected with staying in L. A. each week? or is it just family that need help financially to stay. Do you think Claudette needs any help and if so how might we help her?

If you want your children to follow in your footsteps be very careful where you put your feet.

If you want him to do some Buble, I'd love to hear him to Buble's version of Quando, Quando, Quando. Old song, but he does a great version of it, sort of in samba style. Yeah, he does it as a duet with Nelly Furtado, but it's my favorite song on the album, even without her. Not sure it qualifies in this theme, but maybe later?

FORT Newbie
    Yeah, FeralFeeder. Quando, Quando, Quando might work!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

pics to enjoy

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Thanks bbnbama - cute pics.
    Count your blessings!

Thanks again for all the piccy goodness, bb!

That third picture. at Paula. Although, it seems she's not alone in her emotional reaction. Good to know.

Damn! I just looked up the release date for what I thought would be the perfect year-you-were-born song for Elliott: "Cruisin'" by Smokey Robinson. It came out in...1979! Think Elliott could fudge his age? ("Oh, I forgot to tell you guys, I'm really 26. Sorry, I had a Pickler moment.")

+ Reply to Thread