+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 163 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

I love E's eyes during the first "and I'm singing this song to you". Constantine and Ace should take lessons from the master.
    Count your blessings!

I loooove that song, anyway. Elliot is so much more a natural-born singer , IMO. I agree, Gutmutter.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I loooove that song, anyway. Elliot is so much more a natural-born singer , IMO. I agree, Gutmutter.

I agree with you angelic. Elliott, the so called underdog, is definitely going to give the rest a run for their money. I would love to see him in the finale along side of Chris
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I love E's eyes during the first "and I'm singing this song to you". Constantine and Ace should take lessons from the master.
    Ah, his eyes. I completely agree; they're gorgeous. I noticed them way back in the Hollywood round when he had that horrible group experience with one of the Bittermint Twins. They're pretty dreamy.

Okay, I have to say something of real substance now. So. I've had a look at all of the current top 10 charts, and I can't imagine Elliott choosing any of what's listed. I admit I'm not hip to the current music scene, but from what I could recognize, it's pretty slim pickings. The only male singers currently on the pop and R&B charts are James Blunt, Jamie Foxx, Ne-Yo, and Daniel Powter. Bleh on all of them. And as much as I would love, absolutely LOVE to hear one of the final five perform "Bad Day," for the sheer ludicousness of it all, I don't want that person to be Elliott. I know nothing about rock. There's some Michael Buble song on the AC chart, and some Rob Thomas song; I've never heard either, but I think their music could fit with Elliott's style. Someone somewhere else suggested he sing Mary J. Blige's "Be Without You," which I can kind of hear, but it might not come off so well. Plus, Paris will probably snap it up first, which is cool, because it's a better fit for her anyway. I'm in a quandary over this.

However, the 1978 theme looks much more promising. "Always and Forever," "Only the Good Die Young," "On Broadway." Some definite possibilities.

I looked at the 1978 charts as well (was graduating from college myself) and I'd prefer something like Just The Way You Are or I Go Crazy. Sappy, but I love them and I think Elliott could do them well. Can't stand On Broadway.

Quote Originally Posted by FeralFeeder View Post
    I looked at the 1978 charts as well (was graduating from college myself) and I'd prefer something like Just The Way You Are or I Go Crazy. Sappy, but I love them and I think Elliott could do them well. Can't stand On Broadway.
    For his 1978 song, I hope he branches out from Stevie Wonder and Donnie Hatway, just to do something different.

I would love to see him do:

1. Always and Forever - Heatwave (opportunity for big ending!)

2. Close the Door - Teddy Pendergrass (that would be great! Sexy song and opportunity for riffs! Build swoon factor)

3. Ooh Baby Baby - (Smokey Robinson) Linda Rondstat released a version in 1978

Or something Al Green
    Last edited by miadora; 04-27-2006 at 06:25 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by miadora View Post
    For his 1978 song, I hope he branches out from Stevie Wonder and Donnie Hatway, just to do something different.

I would love to see him do:

1. Always and Forever - Heatwave (opportunity for big ending!)

2. Close the Door - Teddy Pendergrass (that would be great! Sexy song and opportunity for riffs! Build swoon factor)

3. Ooh Baby Baby - (Smokey Robinson) Linda Rondstat released a version in 1978

Or something Al Green

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Elliot sing Close the Door but he seems too nervous to pull off a song like that but if he could, MERCY!

Love this guy's voice, but his looks just don't do it for me (we all have different taste, thank goodness), and that little tick with his neck is kind of annoying, so I prefer to just listen to Eliot. I don't think he'll win, but he will probably make it in the business and do well. He has the pipes.

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    He shouldn't attempt the song "Always and Forever" that's a hard song to sing. I am looking for that song he sang Tuesday; I just love the lyrics of that song.

I think he could do the song "Its so hard to say goodbye to yesterday" he seems really good at emotional songs. I think he got more fans because his songs are emotionally connecting to the audience. He should stick to these kinds of songs now in the competition; don't go out trying to dance and do anything different. He has found his niche.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Asylum-ECT-girl View Post
    He shouldn't attempt the song "Always and Forever" that's a hard song to sing.
    But Elliott does the hard songs. And does them well, I might add. "Somebody To Love"? "Moody's Mood For Love"? The key changes and spectacular licks in "Teach Me Tonight"? Hard as heck to sing, and he's knocked them out of the park.

+ Reply to Thread