+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'm glad I wasn't alone. He brought me to tears, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I could see why Simon started laughing when Paula was crying b/c she can be so over the top! But like a lot of people, I also felt really moved by Elliot's performance. His voice is so stunning and there is just something about him, a humility mostly, that combined with his raw talent, is just endearing. He made that song great, and I'm glad to see him getting the recognition he deserves. I would love to see him win this thing, but at this point, I have a feeling it will be Chris or Kat.
    As I got older I had to step out of the lines and make up my own mind. --Liz Phair

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gardenia36 View Post
    I could see why Simon started laughing when Paula was crying b/c she can be so over the top! But like a lot of people, I also felt really moved by Elliot's performance. His voice is so stunning and there is just something about him, a humility mostly, that combined with his raw talent, is just endearing. He made that song great, and I'm glad to see him getting the recognition he deserves. I would love to see him win this thing, but at this point, I have a feeling it will be Chris or Kat.

Couldn't agree more gardenia. I honestly hope that he does not fall victim to leaving before his time and on a high note. I'd like for him to stick around until the final 2 or 3
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Eliott finally delivered on the outstanding promise he showed with "Moody's Mood for Love." He was amazing, and I can't wait to hear his album of love songs. HIs vocal tone and range are unbelievable. And l love his modest but ambitious personality.

I think either Clive Davis or other producers are chomping at the bit to take this raw talent and tame it into a great album. My favorite is still Taylor, but I wouldn't be disappointed if Elliott won the competition--he's the true underdog.

FORT Fogey
    Elliott is my favorite for pure vocal abilities. He makes Taylor seem completely tone-deaf.

I enjoy FORTplay JayPea Patches's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    Elliott is my favorite for pure vocal abilities. He makes Taylor seem completely tone-deaf.
    Isn't that the irony?

Mr. Yamin, as we all know, is almost completely deaf in his right ear (please correct me if I'm wrong).

To be able to sing to the ability he has been demonstrating is a testament to his great talent.

Not to mention if he wins, this would make a great story, and be an inspiration to others.

Godspeed Elliott ... we're rootin' for you!!!
    "An apple a day may keep the doctor at bay" ... but on top of that, an Apple™ consumer won't get any viruses either!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Hmm - I didn't know he was a HS dropout.
    Yep, he left school in the 10th grade to work. Then he got his GED.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPea Patches View Post
    To be able to sing to the ability he has been demonstrating is a testament to his great talent.
    Great talent indeed! That man has a gift.

Last night I threw my support behind Elliot. A beautiful, understated performance -he can sing on a technical level as well as deliver on an emotional level. MY hats off to Elliot.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

FORT Fogey
    This is what the REAL raw talent is all about.

Not the talents (even with a good voice) that are coached and trained and manufactured for the big stage.

As for the stage presence and the charisma... Just look in his eyes when he sings.

I enjoy FORTplay JayPea Patches's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    This is what the REAL raw talent is all about.

Not the talents (even with a good voice) that are coached and trained and manufactured for the big stage.
    The beauty of Elliott is that he is emerging week by week into a genuine professional. He literally came from nowhere, unlike Taylor and Chris, who are in bands, etc.

Here's a bit more about Elliott's bio - I only read moments ago that he is a diabetic as well, and wears an insulin pump. Being nearly deaf in one ear, a diabetic, and having crooked teeth, this guy is amazin'!!!
    When did you first start to sing?
    5 years old.

Do you have any formal singing training?
    No.

What other talents do you have?
    I can do funny voices and impressions.

If you don't make it on AMERICAN IDOL, what will you do?
    Do whatever I've always done...Survive! Of course, I'd still pursue a career in music.

What are your personal goals in life?
    To help educate young people about music and diabetes. I want to be an inspiration to others. I want to be a great Dad someday...I want to meet Magic Johnson and have a floor seat at a Lakers game.

What album would your friends be surprised you own?
    Ladies and Gentlemen - George Michael

Who is your AMERICAN IDOL?
    My Mom - she's overcome a lot of adverse situations. She's a very strong-willed woman!

Do you have any rituals or things you do each time you perform?
    Pray and take deep breaths.

Most embarrassing moments?
    My first Hollywood Round Auditions - I forgot the lyrics to the beginning of my song! I thought I was going home for sure.

What has been your proudest moment in life so far?
    Making the Top 24.

If you couldn't sing, which talent would you most like to have?
    I'd love to be able to play the guitar and piano. I'd like to be taller, just so I can dunk a basketball!

What is your definition of an AMERICAN IDOL?
    Someone who can inspire others to accomplish anything they set their mind to do.

Who is your favorite judge and why?
    Simon - he doesn't sugarcoat anything.

What would people be surprised to learn about you?
    Probably that I wear an insulin pump.

How has this changed your life?
    It's validated my artistry and given me the confidence to accomplish anything I set out to do!

Do you have any lucky charms?
    Nope, just my vocal chords.

Who are your heroes in life?
    My Mom.

What's been your toughest obstacle in life?
    Learning to manage my diabetes.

Do you think the audition process was fair?
    For the most part, however I've seen some really talented singers go home.

If you win, who will you thank first?
    God, then my Mom.
    Although I'm sure this has been posted at the beginning of the thread, it's nice to refresh our memories about Elliott, if not, learn something new (like me).
    "An apple a day may keep the doctor at bay" ... but on top of that, an Apple™ consumer won't get any viruses either!!!

+ Reply to Thread