+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

I thought Elliot did a great job last night! I am really starting to hope for an all-male final three. I would love to the men fight for the AI "title".

Go Elliot!

Elliot!! What a nice performance last night. He has definitely gotten better and better as time has passed.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Elliot wowed me last night! He's been my favorite from the start, and I'm hoping he continues to pick up more fans each week.

I, too, want to see an all male final three.

He's really blossoming before our eyes. It's amazing.

I voted my little fingers off! Elliott was FANTASTIC! Best of the night in my opinion!

Answer's in John 3:16 Apollonia's Avatar
    Yeah the guy so moved up behind taylor for me. when simon said a few weeks back how this guy is the best singer they've ever had i couldn't believe it. i didnt see it. last night definetly showed he's right up there.

i guess it's now a toss up between whether chris or elliot will join taylor in the final.
    Inscribe zany quip here

Huge (sappy) props for Elliott from Entertainment Weekly. This is the E-centric part:

Big Love

On ''American Idol,'' when the contestants sing romantic ballads, Elliott and Chris soar while Kellie and Taylor crash and burn by Michael Slezak

I'm almost certain that tomorrow morning I'm going to wake up and regret this sentence, but here goes: I'm not so different from Paula Abdul.

Nope, I'll never reveal what was in my big red cup while I watched tonight's Great Love Songs episode of American Idol that's between me and my pharmacist but I do have this much in common with the show's zaniest judge: I was moved to tears (a couple of 'em, anyway) by Elliott Yamin's rendition of ''A Song for You.''

Now hold your ridicule, people. There's no need to tell me what I already know: I'm a shameless sap who takes his Idol waaaaay too seriously. But in my defense, it's not very often you get to witness the birth of a star live on national television. And tonight, after 10 long weeks of labor, Elliott finally delivered the kind of showstopping performance that might just transform him from a congenial reality-TV contestant into a household name. (And on an intricate, jazzy Donny Hathaway tune that a lot of the show's teenage fans may not recognize, no less.) Indeed, all that was left of the fidgety guy with the tentative body language and bad haircut who first caught my attention in the Hollywood rounds was that voice confident, controlled, and filled with the kind of true passion that's too often missing in the world-class karaoke that's Idol's stock-in-trade. Yes, Paula, this Yamin kid's already an Idol, isn't he?
    Heck yeah!! () You can read the review of everybody else here.

Thanks for that MotherSister. He brought me to tears as well. I haven't had a moment like that since Kelly Clarkson!

FORT Fogey
    I thought Elliot was fantastic last night. Its true that he seemed nervous but to me thats what makes him so endearing. He just seems like your average guy but with an amazing voice that just kinda fell into this competition. Theres nothing "hollywood" about him. I think when you can really sing, you dont need any gimmicks and Elliot doesnt need anything else to sell his beautiful voice. I think its cool that so many people dont consider him a contender to win so that when he does win, it will be a suprise and a good one. His fan base is way bigger than people think.

Even though i like Elliott , lately i got a little bit bored with his singing.

But last tuesday was Elliotts night.
    Best performance he had so far in the competition , best performance of the night.

I think credit has to go to the producer guy.
    It shows that it doesn`t just take a good singer , a talent in general like Elliott to deliver a great performance.
    But a professionell coach as well.
    I mean , that guy was tough , the real deal.
    Not somebody who would sugarcoat the Idol contestants and tell them everything is fine.
    Like he said "if you don`t deliver in my studio , you`re out".
    Very tough , but thats the kind of guy who can make the best......great.

I like this kind of inside view , it`s very substantial.

+ Reply to Thread