+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 163 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

FORT Fogey
    i think Simon's comments last week were setting us up for an Elliott fall. He's got a strong fan base, though. If it's not him, it may be Paris.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy in SD View Post
    I don't think they have a great track record in managing the careers of the Idols. At least not until Carrie.
    I'm not so sure they have much to do with Carrie's success. Simon knows nothing (and couldn't care less) about country music. And I doubt the Brits behind 19E or Clive Davis know what sells in country music either.

Here's a breath of optimism in the Elliott thread before bed.

We already know that Simon thinks Elliott has the best male voice in the competition. These days he only gripes about personality.

Elliott's got that taken care of. ()

Tuesday's theme is love songs, and we know from experience that Elliott can handle a smoldering ballad and an uptempo jazzy number with equally impressive effortlessness. All signs point to an excellent performance.

So the only question mark is the voters. I have heard no squeak of complacency or satisfaction among Elliott fans, and I have heard people declaring their newfound intent to vote for Elliott, especially after the departure of Ace last week.

All of that says to me that Elliott's got a solid chance of making it into the top 5 (and consequently giving everyone the treat of hearing him sing two songs a week). Sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    Yup. Elliott's pretty much deaf in his right ear. He mentioned it briefly in one of the pre-performance videos early on.

It adds an extra layer to his overall awesomeness, because it is really, really difficult to process music and stay on key with impaired hearing. And with Elliott, well, you'd just never know.
    You should also take note the judges often comment about him choosing difficult songs.

I can't wait to hear him sing Tuesday. I think he has shown his pipes off well. So enjoyable to listen to.

I'd like to hear Elliot sing "Unchained Melody".
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

"Unchained Melody" is one of Simon's favorite songs, so if he sings it, he'd better be prepared to make it music to Simon's wonky ears. I don't know, but I think that might be too risky of a song for anyone to attempt.

Really, ShrinkingViolet? I didnt know that..then I guess he best not sing that one.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Unchained Melody is hard for anybody to sing. If Elliot were to sing it, and if he did well, he would certainly get a lot of complements, I'm sure. I would love to hear him do it, and well.

Silent all these years... caragwapa's Avatar
    I think Elliott could totally nail Unchained Melody.

+ Reply to Thread