+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 163 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

I'm watching Randy on Jay Leno.. and Randy said that Elliott has only 10% hearing out of one of his ears.

I didn't know that?

Wow.. that's really cool. It's like he's Beethoven.

Yup. Elliott's pretty much deaf in his right ear. He mentioned it briefly in one of the pre-performance videos early on.

It adds an extra layer to his overall awesomeness, because it is really, really difficult to process music and stay on key with impaired hearing. And with Elliott, well, you'd just never know.

I adore him, and I'm so, so glad he's still in it.

I can hardly wait until Tuesday to see what he's got in store for us. "Classic Love Songs." Elliott singing a "Classic Love Song." The mind boggles. The heart swoons! ()

Mother, I agree with you - I LOVE our little Elliot! More power to him!
    Go Tigers!

I'm pretty glad he wasn't in the Bottom Three this week. That poor kid has had enough scares already. I hope he makes it to the Toip Three. Fingers crossed, people!
    2003-2008.

Uncross those fingers right now! You need them to dial!!!!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    If Simon couldn't sell Taylor or Elliot, he's not nearly as "good" as he perceives himself to be.
    He didn't think he could sell Clay either. At least he said that was the big reason for not wanting him to win. But Clay has sold about 4 million albums and over 1 million singles without the title, so it makes me question Simon's foresight. I think the 19 machine could sell anyone who wins the title and even some who don't if they would do their best to make an excellent album. And that includes Taylor and Elliott.

There's a reason Kelly's 2nd album is leaving her 1st one in the dust. It's a much better album. Better songs. Better everything. (And Simon Cowell was no longer involved in marketing her, was he?) And it was 19 that made her do that dumb movie with Justin. I don't think they have a great track record in managing the careers of the Idols. At least not until Carrie.

If Elliott wins I think they need to do a strong crossover album with jazz and AC and pop appeal. Maybe some movie themes. Is that possible?
    Last edited by Sandy in SD; 04-23-2006 at 02:47 PM.

I'd like to hear Elliott perform "Laura." Not sure it really falls into that "classic love song" category, though. It's a haunting and complex old song, and some consider it one of the most beautiful songs ever. I have several versions of it, in many styles of voices. I think the complexity would suit Elliott's voice well. Might be a bit boring to a younger crowd, but I love it no matter who performs it, if they do it well.

FORT Newbie
    We have to realize Elliot is the next to go... that makes me sad. He is the last real person left. Everyone else has been coached and pimped to do well. Personally, I'd like to see one of the big shots go next - that would be a real "shocker" and we all know that Fox has atleast one of those per year.

+ Reply to Thread