+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 163 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Musicantica View Post
    He does not want Taylor or Elliott to win because he does not know how to market them as pop or rock stars. Elliott because of his looks and Taylor because of his performance style. Simon knows he could "sell" Kellie or Kat or Paris or Ace, whether he likes them or not. I do not think Simon wants the next American Idol to be a short, plain guy whose voice is suited for jazz no matter how good his voice is.
    If Simon couldn't sell Taylor or Elliot, he's not nearly as "good" as he perceives himself to be.

MotherSister - Thanks for posting those pics!! I love them. Elliot & Bucky are just plain tuckered out and the one of Kat & Elliot is adorable.

Grading Elliott -- Midterms!

1. Moody's Mood For Love -- A+
    2. Teach Me Tonight -- A
    3. If You Really Love Me -- A
    4. It Had To Be You -- A- (Lacked the emotional range of TMT, but still cool, calm and awesomely assured. Is this the same scaredy-cat who sang "If Tomorrow Never Comes?")
    5. Somebody to Love -- B+ (A- for the results show version. The song's edit was clunky, but Elliott scored with a passionate delivery.)
    6. I Don't Wanna Be -- B+
    7. Knocks Me Off My Feet -- B
    8. If Tomorrow Never Comes -- B
    9. Heaven -- B- (Still the wrong song choice, now and forever.)

I was so happy to see Elliott not in the bottom. My sister didn't vote for her fav(chris) and voted for Elliott for me. So I felt bad that Chris was bottom 2! I don't think she'll do me that favor again!

FORT Regular
    That is a great picture of Kat and Elliott. Elliott has come a long way. Its impossible not to like this kid.

Really cute picture of Elliott and Katharine. But whose legs are those in the back right side with the ugly turned-up jeans and metallic high-heeled shoes? Sheesh, they look horrible together, and separately, I might add. Is that Paris?

Quote Originally Posted by jasminefan View Post
    I am elated about the results. That is all.
    Same here! It's good to see him out of the bottom 3.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

For Classic Love Songs night, I'm thinking Elliott should do "Me and Mrs. Jones." Wouldn't that be a hoot? A real over-the-top, sexy song like that would make his performance stand out from all the other sappy love ballads.

Quote Originally Posted by tdoug View Post
    For Classic Love Songs night, I'm thinking Elliott should do "Me and Mrs. Jones." Wouldn't that be a hoot? A real over-the-top, sexy song like that would make his performance stand out from all the other sappy love ballads.
    Ha. I would love that. But, obviously I'd love to hear him sing anything (), so I don't even think my opinion counts anymore.

Vocally, Elliott is the best out of all the men, heck out of all the contestants. I can't understand why he's been the bottom 3 twice

Keep voting for him, he might have a very good chance of being in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    Ha. I would love that. But, obviously I'd love to hear him sing anything (), so I don't even think my opinion counts anymore.
    It counts with me! I'd buy anything he records. So nice to listen to.

+ Reply to Thread