+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 163 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by luvclayseyes View Post
    When one of the judges said something to Elliott (I think it was Simon) about wanting to be there till the end or the finale or something, what did Elliott say back-like I will be or what??
    Did not catch what he said to them.
    I'll go back and check to see what he said. I think it was something to the effect of him being more "in control" than being there til the end. Maybe someone else will answer you before I get a chance to look at it. (I'm at work.. shhh... dont' tell my boss!)
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

I can't help with that because I just don't want to hear Simon's comments again. (Don't judge me! I have a very soft heart () where Elliott is concerned.)

However, I saw this picture on another forum and I think it's adorable:

I would just love to see a Bucky & Elliott show. I wouldn't care what they did, but I'd like to see more of them together, more of their friendship.

Also, the word "homely" doesn't really fit this face:

I heard, I mean read that Katharine is a rude jerk. This picture makes me wonder if she's an evil genius or just really misunderstood. I'm going to go with evil genius though.
    Last edited by MotherSister; 04-19-2006 at 02:01 PM.

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    When one of the judges said something to Elliott (I think it was Simon) about wanting to be there till the end or the finale or something, what did Elliott say back-like I will be or what??

I believe he said something to the affect of I feel like I'm really in this now. I can't remember his exact words.

I live on the West Coast and voted for the first time of the season. I don't know how many times, just voted repeatedly for a half hour. I am a little disheartened by the fact that I did not get one single busy signal for Elliot (got through each time) I hope that doesn't mean he isn't getting many votes.
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    When Elliot came out leaning on the mic stand and just smiling before he even started, I KNEW we were going to hear something good! And then he was perfect! Not a single note out of place. He looked and sounded relaxed and happy on stage. I felt so good for him. He was in his element and blew me away.
    I thought he was excellent too and I did not think his stage personality was boring at all. It did seem a little bit Vegas though.
    Simon picked his top three a LOOONG time ago and Elliot wasn't one of them. The only two guys Simon wants to see at the end are Chris and Taylor. How dare Elliot out-perform them!
    Simon wants Chris in the finals but i think he is terrified that Taylor might be there. He does not want Taylor or Elliott to win because he does not know how to market them as pop or rock stars. Elliott because of his looks and Taylor because of his performance style. Simon knows he could "sell" Kellie or Kat or Paris or Ace, whether he likes them or not. I do not think Simon wants the next American Idol to be a short, plain guy whose voice is suited for jazz no matter how good his voice is.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    When Elliot came out leaning on the mic stand and just smiling before he even started, I KNEW we were going to hear something good! And then he was perfect! Not a single note out of place. He looked and sounded relaxed and happy on stage. I felt so good for him. He was in his element and blew me away. Even though Kat got the pimp spot and this is more notably Paris' genre, Elliot kicked butt. Easily the best of the night.

Go Elliot!
    I completely agree with you kimrs. I thought he did a fantastic job last night. I even threw some votes his way. Normally, I only vote for 1 person, but I am not ready to see Elliott leave yet
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

He said, "I feel like I'm locked in now." I assume he was talking about how he's "in the zone" as far as performing.

I really think Simon was doing his reverse psychology thing last night. Whenever he makes a guess on a Tuesday about someone being in trouble he is always wrong because it rallies the fans. Whenever he suddenly says nice things to someone he never says anything nice to, that person is dead meat - e.g. Kevin, Bucky and now Ace.

FORT Fogey
    I love Elliot but didnt really love his performance and it was the first time I didnt love his performance. yes of course he sang it beautifully but the song was a little boring for him. As soon as Taylor sang you send me, I was upset cause I was like "man why didnt Elliot pick that song"? That was the best performance of the night and its such a good song. Elliot wouldve had the best performance also with that song. I got thru twice for elliot but it was busy the rest of the time. he does not deserve to go home. Kelly is cute but her performance was the worst. Ace looked great but his voice is still weak.

I am so happy Elliot was not in the bottom 3! I hope his fans vote as much next week as they did this week.

I am elated about the results. That is all.

+ Reply to Thread