+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 163 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

may
    FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by soybean View Post
    Get your voting fingers ready!

People in Canada can't vote which is too bad. So I hope you guys keep dialing Elliot's number.

I know Eliot has a lot of fans, but I just don't see his appeal. He does have a nice voice and an earnestness about him that is appealing. But, he is very average looking with a rather bland personality. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any charisma or specialness about him or his voice.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Elliott is such an emotional guy....whenever he gets eliminated..I'm gonna have to be sure and have plenty of tissue around because he'll be crying and his mom will be crying which in turn means bbnbama will be crying!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I'm afraid that Elliot's days are numbered. He isn't getting the support of the judges and therefore fan support will probably wain. Every comment is counting more and more now that it's getting closer to the end.

I believe that Elliot is a nice guy. And he is a good singer. Otherwise he would not have made it this far. However, I do not feel he will be the big success or money generator that Idol wants and needs. That will be his downfall.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I'm afraid that Elliot's days are numbered. He isn't getting the support of the judges and therefore fan support will probably wain. Every comment is counting more and more now that it's getting closer to the end.

I believe that Elliot is a nice guy. And he is a good singer. Otherwise he would not have made it this far. However, I do not feel he will be the big success or money generator that Idol wants and needs. That will be his downfall.
    Apparently you missed the spoiler thread, where dpiranha had this to say:

Quote Originally Posted by dpiranha View Post
    Checked out a few other boards on the Net. Elliott's fans are not letting him go without a fight. I'm not sure I remember seeing such a dedicated single-mindedness out of a fanbase on a given evening....wow. Seems about half the country decided they were fed up with him showing up in the bottom 3 and weren't going to take it any more. If this determination continues beyond this one week, it is going to throw a big monkey wrench into the picture.
    The judges are going for the reverse psychology angle on us Elliott fans, and trust me, it's working like gangbusters.

I would love it if Elliot wasn't in the bottom three tomorrow.
    I thought he had the second best performance of the night, behind Paris.

I finally voted this season. 101 votes for Elliot. 5 for Paris.
    I hope they're both safe!
    Last edited by soybean; 04-19-2006 at 03:16 AM.

FORT Fanatic
    So sick of the B.S.

None of the judges let loose and tell Kelly how completely awful she was (yet again). Instead, they make excuses for her.

Simon tells Elliot that he is in danger of leaving due to not showing any personality?! WHAT? Why didn't they say anything to Chris when he was putting everyone to sleep with his dead/weak performance? Elliot didn't show personality but Chris did? Give us a break Simon.

FORT Newbie
    I confess to being partial to the home town guy....and of course we all know he can sing. I thought elliot looked extremely comfortable on stage last night...just look at the sparkle in his eyes.

I think he is the real deal. Just like Marty on Rockstar, I am not sure that this is ultimately the best gig for him...but I hope this show opens many doors for him.

So glad the unmentionable polls bode well for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    So sick of the B.S.

None of the judges let loose and tell Kelly how completely awful she was (yet again). Instead, they make excuses for her.

Simon tells Elliot that he is in danger of leaving due to not showing any personality?! WHAT? Why didn't they say anything to Chris when he was putting everyone to sleep with his dead/weak performance? Elliot didn't show personality but Chris did? Give us a break Simon.
    Exactly what I was thinking, Night Owl

Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    So sick of the B.S.

I agree, Night Owl. They slide Kellie through with compliments when she was totally off-key, and then can't commend Elliot for an outstanding performance???? Does not make any sense at all. Elliot's performance last night was excellent.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread