+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 163 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

may
    FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickety View Post
    I think the whole clip about his family and how he seeks approval from his Mom very sweet and heart-wrenching. (Then again, I'm easily touched. lol) However, in terms of the total package, he just doesn't have it - his voice is his one and only saving grace. I wonder if he'll make it through another week or have a shock elimination next week (considering that Ace has gotten more votes than him before).
    Look at Clay Aiken. When he first appeared in AI, he was nothing to look at, a total dork. Then he had a total make-over, transformed into a complete different person (to a point that I found him too feminine).
    If Elliot gets a stylist and image maker to help him, he will be even more successful than Clay Aiken. At least Elliot is not feminine!

The thing is, it's already been so many weeks into the competition, but the stylists have hardly touched Elliott. He's pretty much the same as he was waaay back in the Hollywood Hell week.

Also, Clay was easier to "change" in the sense that 1. they could take away his glasses and he already looked tons better... Elliott doesn't look "dorky" to begin with, and 2. Clay had straight, white teeth, whereas Elliott's dental work would take a longer time to perfect.

If this continues - the lack of "intervention" of a stylist or a whole team of image consultants, for that matter - the voice just won't be enough. Elliott will be doomed to head home very soon.

And YES YES YES I agree Clay grew too feminine!! Remember Grease during BeeGees week?
    2003-2008.

I don't know why everyone discusses Elliot's looks as if he is some kind of freak. Yeah, he's no Ace Young, but then neither is Taylor. I agree that some dental work would improve his looks, but I see no reason why his looks would stand in the way of his success. His vocal talent and the consideration and kindness he shows towards the other contestants make him way more attractive to me than Ace.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

The thing is, it's already been so many weeks into the competition, but the stylists have hardly touched Elliott. He's pretty much the same as he was waaay back in the Hollywood Hell week.
    Well, I disagree with that. The stylists have been working with Elliott, and it's pretty obvious to me. His hair is growing out and he has a goatee now instead of the goat-looking chin whiskers he did have. No, his teeth haven't been fixed but since he has type 1 diabetes that's something that probably should be done in a hospital and not something AI wants to fool with. He's also started dressing a little sharper. I think he looks good, comparatively speaking.

Yeah, OTiS, he's no Ace, but then Ace is not that attractive either when he makes the owly-eyed scary faces.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

may
    FORT Regular
    Elliot is actually a pretty good looking man. What he needs is a good stylist to make him stand out. Taylor is not considered a handsom guy either, he even looks 10 years old then his own age. But Taylor is more popular due to his different style. Last year in AI, 'theatrical' was used to describe some contestants' proformance, and yet we did not hear anybody said this to Taylor.

Elliot's lack back, sensitivity and compassion personality might not work in this dog-eats-dog industry, but these are his good qualities that we don't want to see him change.

I talked to my grandma today and she told me Elliot is her favorite, too.

I think Elliot has been looking better and better as the weeks go on. I'm finding him very sexy now - though that may be the talent talking.

I was a bit of a Bucky fan as well and I never would vote for Kellie. I think Bucky and Elliot are similar in that they're both easygoing guys with no sense of entitlement. They're there to do the best they can - whatever happens. That's why I think a portion of Bucky's votes will go to Elliot.

FORT Fan
    Honestly, I think the "Elliott is homely" talking point is looong past it's expiration date. I'm guessing that meme crashed and burned around the time of his TMT performance when three of my AI-watching coworkers voiced their amazed (and unsolicited) opinions that Elliott was looking quite attractive. Of course, two of those watchers are Taylor Hicks fans, so I'd guess you'd say their "who's hot" meters are out of calibration.

Quote Originally Posted by delia88 View Post
    Honestly, I think the "Elliott is homely" talking point is looong past it's expiration date.
    And I will say an amen to that. I never thought Elliott was remarkably unattractive; he looked average to me in the beginning, and nothing's wrong with average. But I agree he is looking better week by week. I even heard a few people describe him as "hawt." Not a word I like to use, but hey, I'll take what I can get in unsolicited strains of Elliott love.

Get your voting fingers ready!

+ Reply to Thread