+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 163 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I loved Elliott but I've liked him alot since they had posted his mini interview on americanidol.com after the Top 24 was announced. He seems like a normal guy..one who hasn't been groomed or is a packaged deal...he's just a guy who started singing and realized he was pretty good at it. He comes across as a humble guy and I like that. I hope he does well.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I'm kind of agreeing with gracie here. The guy has a great tone, very smooth and soulful. But he is going to be exposed in later rounds. Similar to what happened to Scott (heavyset white guy) from last year.

I thought Elliott was very good, but I don't think he was quite as fabulous as Simon thought he was. But hey, he does have a great voice and he seems like a "regular Joe" to me ~ as I've said before in this forum, that latter trait always appeals to me. Hopefully he won't have any problem getting through to the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    I'm kind of agreeing with gracie here. The guy has a great tone, very smooth and soulful. But he is going to be exposed in later rounds. Similar to what happened to Scott (heavyset white guy) from last year.

Elliott is very different from Scott, I think he will do well throughout the comepetition.
    "Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work."--Booker T. Washington, 1901

Silent all these years... caragwapa's Avatar
    Elliot has a way better voice than Scott. And he's much more likeable, to me anyway, I hated Scott. But I love Elliot!!I wish I could vote!!!

He has a good voice but his Amish looks = 0% sex appeal. He also doesn't have any dramatic background story to get people to vote for him because they feel sorry for him. There also wasn't any spark there, at least to me, so I tend to think he won't get far. But I'd give him another chance or two.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    He also doesn't have any dramatic background story to get people to vote for him because they feel sorry for him.
    From the very first post in this thread:

What would people be surprised to learn about you?

Probably that I wear an insulin pump.

How has this changed your life?

It's validated my artistry and given me the confidence to accomplish anything I set out to do!

Sounds like a "dramatic background story" to me.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    That's it...he's got that Amish beard look going on! That kinda bugged me about his looks but he had a terrific voice. I do hope he has a good fan base to keep him in the competition. If he's in it next week I'm gonna throw some votes his way.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

In the promo photo it's not so much, but if you compare this to his on-air look, I think we can gravitate towards Ron Perlman.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727 View Post
    I hate to say this -- but this guy has had NO formal training. He's like a good karaoke singer. What's going to happen to him when the competition gets tougher and tougher?
    I've got to agree and he said it himself. He gets request to karaoke and that's his performance experience. His stage moves reflect that pure and simple. As someone mentioned earlier - someone call an orthodontist!

+ Reply to Thread