+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 163 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

I thought Elliott had a very good voice when he was singing Can't Help Myself.
    I can't see him having enough of a fanbase to keep him in the competition too long though which I think is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    I thought Elliott had a very good voice when he was singing Can't Help Myself.
    I can't see him having enough of a fanbase to keep him in the competition too long though which I think is a shame.
    Every year the Fan Boards such as this talk about the lack of screen time hurting the contestants. Every year the judges & the producers deny it & continue to focus on the dweebs & idiots that don't make it past the first auditions. I think they should pay attention to what is being said here & other places, because we are the ones that vote & we are the ones that continue to make these comments. Elliot is faced with the same predicament that some of the girls had last night, & unfortunately none of them did anything to help themselves for the long haul. Maybe, he will step up,he did seem to have a great voice in Hollywood.

I completely agree, razorbacker.
    I think that a stunning performance can put a previously unseen singer through or keep them in the competition longer(e.g. LaToya London coming from nowhere with a great semi-final perforamnce under the old system) but I also think plenty of sympathetic pre-voting screen time can assist those that turn in below par performances.
    I have said before, I find Kellie Pickler quite adorable, but they have really given a lot of attention to her back-story and I'm sure that has already helped to build a fanbase for her.
    I wish they'd be a little more even-handed in how they allocate audition stage screen time.

Lex
    Elliot did get some pre-voting screen time during Hollywood week. I wonder if it was enough to build a fanbase? We'll see.

FORT Fogey
    Dude! Elliott was awesome! He doesn't look the part, but his normalcy makes him more appealling.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    I can't help it.

Every time I see Elliot, I see THIS, instead!
    HAHAHAAHA! That is so funny--that is EXACTLY what I see, too! However, he is an awesome singer--I mean, he pulled off Stevie Wonder! I think he'll do fairly well.
    "...but this, all pleasures fancies be; If ever any beauty I did see, Which I desired, and got, 'twas but a dream of thee..."

FORT Fogey
    I thought Chris was phenomenal until Elliott sang! This is a serious contender for the title. He is nothing short of awesome. The only drawback is a slight awkwardness in performance technique, but I'm a fan!

FORT Fogey
    I thought Elliott sang pretty well but he seemed *really* nervous. It doesn't look like he's had much chance to sing in front of a lot of people before this competition.

I'm sure he'll still be here after this week but I wonder how he'll do tackling material that's new to him?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    I think this guy is GREAT! And I think our girl Kellie has a little thing for him. As a matter of fact I think the whole poodle pound was diggin' him.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey
    I hate to say this -- but this guy has had NO formal training. He's like a good karaoke singer. What's going to happen to him when the competition gets tougher and tougher?

I thought he was OK, but I couldn't see what Simon was all hot and heavy about.

If nothing else, I think breathing control is going to be an issue for him.

Anyway, we'll have to see what happens as the competition moves along. I like Elliott, but I think he is going to have to work his *ss off because he'll be singing against a lot of women who have had a lot of vocal training. I look for Lisa, Paris, Mandisa, and Katherine to get into the finals -- and he needs to be at least as good as the top 3 men.

+ Reply to Thread