+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 163 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Mediocre last night.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

If that's mediocre, We'll take it, huh guys?

I thought he did great! Can't wait to hear more!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    If that's mediocre, We'll take it, huh guys?
    Is mediocre anywhere akin to adequate?

Quote Originally Posted by dvm View Post
    And he's cute. Teeth can be fixed.
    It's not his teeth, it's his whole lower jaw jutting forward. But anyway, I don't like his overuse of vibrato. It's really grating on me. Or maybe it's grating on me because I'm subliminally turned off by his look. Who knows? I'm having a REALLY hard time not picturing him as Amish.

Yes it's true that there have been some greats who have physical imperfections. After all, we ALL do. But looks have always been and important selling point too. And these days, where video media is instantaneously accessible, the "package" will be of utmost importance.

In this competition of who we idolize the most, I think it's fair that we consider the whole package.

And this may or not be true, but I fully believe that Simon said Elliot's voice was the best simply because Simon was trying to pad the finals with people he knew America wouldn't ultimately choose as a winner, just so Simon's favorites would have an easier time at the end.

Silent all these years... caragwapa's Avatar
    I for one, think Elliot is cute..Of course, I usually like wierd and quirky looking guys. And I love his voice. And I love how he admitted he didn't like Rod Stewart. I just love him in general!!

Can we move on from Elliott's looks? We get it -- he's an Amish leprechaun. No big deal, it's not like he's the Elephant Man or anything. But if you want proof of how little attractiveness counts in the pop world, look no further than the two guest artists thus far this year. Stevie Wonder and Barry Manilow: Neither is a hottie, both have had careers spanning decades. It's talent that counts.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post

And this may or not be true, but I fully believe that Simon said Elliot's voice was the best simply because Simon was trying to pad the finals with people he knew America wouldn't ultimately choose as a winner, just so Simon's favorites would have an easier time at the end.
    Whatever intentions Simon may have, what he said is very, very true.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Is mediocre anywhere akin to adequate?
    It's according to who you ask. Mediocre, adequate, fabulous, outstanding, all sort of interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    It's according to who you ask. Mediocre, adequate, fabulous, outstanding, all sort of interchangeable.
    Ah yes, I get it now. You do know what I was referring to don't you?

+ Reply to Thread