+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 163 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

I think he was just nervous. He can sing and he will make it far I say, top 5 at least.

Quote Originally Posted by tdoug View Post
    I think some people were bummed that he chose a relativley obscure, laid-back song...
    I agree with this.. that was my main problem with Elliot's performance the other night, I wasn't crazy about the song choice but I thought he did an excellent job of performing it. I DO think he was a little nervous at the beginning but he pulled it together towards the very end. I still placed him in my top 4 for the night and he will continue to be my favorite singer but I'm worried about his appeal to the rest of the voting audience if he continues to pick questionable songs like this. Hopefully he'll hit a homerun next week.

FORT Fogey
    I must say that Elliott has my heart.

It's great to see he has so much support on this forum. I've noticed his contestant thread here has a lot of posts on it compared to many other contestants, even running neck and neck with Chris Daughtry's, and I know in the past that has often been an indicator of how well a contestant will do on the show. Another good thing about this thread is that most of the posts are overwhelmingly positive about him while some of the other threads with more posts (Kellie, Ace, Kevin, Taylor) have a lot of mixed reaction, positive and negative...

However I still have to wonder if all of Elliot's support here actually carries over into the voting audience? I have to admit that I haven't voted yet this season and I actually haven't voted for anyone since season 2. However I think I will probably start to vote this year in order to keep Elliot around.

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur View Post
    Another good thing about this thread is that most of the posts are overwhelmingly positive about him while some of the other threads with more posts (Kellie, Ace, Kevin, Taylor) have a lot of mixed reaction, positive and negative...
    Its like that on the other forums as well. Most ppl have nothing but praise for his incredible talent and the few negative posts are usually targeted at his looks. It seems that Elliott is quite a non-polarizing contestant unlike some of the popular ones like Taylor, Ace and Kellie. Hopefully non-polarizing doesn't equate to lesser buzz if not he'll be out sooner than we think.

Quote Originally Posted by jasminefan View Post
    Hopefully non-polarizing doesn't equate to lesser buzz if not he'll be out sooner than we think.
    I guess you have a point... One of the effects of negative feedback about a contestant is that it riles up their fans to vote that much harder for their favorites...

I think this guy has the voice. The only negative thing I can think of about him is his teeth.
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

FORT Newbie

Elliot Yamin

I am from the UK / Elliot is truly talented - deserves to walk way with the title of AI this year. Way ahead of every other contestant on the show. Soooo like this guy.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Pics of Elliott......

I love this pic of him..........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Look at his baby eyes. He is still a really nice looking man. And of course, still my favorite.

+ Reply to Thread