+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 163 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    ^That picture is just wrong! lol

There is something very attractive about him, I agree. I think its because he seems genuine and pretty sensitive. Women just love that stuff.

I think he's physically attractive! And I had to LOL at that picture... it does look just like him!

I find him physically attractive too. It's just that his genuineness and humility makes him even more attractive to me.

I'm so glad that he made it through and didn't even make the bottom 3 this week!!

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    I heard on the local news this morning that Elliot and Kevin are both diabetics. That is too bad.

He is attractive because he can sing too; I hope with the money he'll make touring with AI, he will fix his teeth! Once upon a time when I real young, I found Michael Jackson attractive *shrudders shoulders, feeling ill*

I've been reading a bunch of boards and there seems to be a consensus that Elliott has been a bit off the past couple of weeks. I just want to go against the grain and say that I loved, absolutely loved his performance of "Knocks Me Off My Feet." I don't think he was off one bit. If you play the video back on youtube, the performance is almost perfect, except for one slightly bent note. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think Elliott rocked this week.

I don't know if I would go so far as to say he's been off, but I have noticed that he seems to be acting a lot more sef-conscious while he's singing. He just doesn't seem comfortable--almost as though he's hiding his mouth. I love his voice, and he is the one I like to hear perform the most. I would buy his CD. Incidentally, Elliott's looks don't bother me in the slightest. Chris is the one I like to watch perform the most, but I wouldn't pay to see him and probably wouldn't buy his CD.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 03-17-2006 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet View Post
    I don't know if I would go so far as to say he's been off, but I have noticed that he seems to be acting a lot more sef-conscious while he's singing. He just doesn't seem comfortable--almost as though he's hiding his mouth. I love his voice, and he is the one I like to hear perform the most. I would buy his CD. Incidentally, Elliott's looks don't bother me in the slightest. Chris is the one I like to watch perform the most, but I wouldn't pay to see him and probably wouldn't buy his CD.
    I would agree he was self-conscious when he sang "Heaven." His stiffness was very noticable. But this week he was smiling and swaying, following the camera, trying some vocal runs at the end -- it seemed to me that he got his confidence back. I think some people were bummed that he chose a relativley obscure, laid-back song, but if you re-watch the segment you can see he's fairly comfortable.

FORT Newbie
    ^^^^
    I agree.

At first, I was underwhelmed by his performance because I was expecting alot from him. But after replaying his performance a couple of time, I think it was just poor song choice. If you listen to the song, its just an underwhelming song. There isn't alot you can do with the song and the song doesn't demand a broad vocal range. So what you get is basically a laid-back song that coasts through a narrow pitch range, which makes the song sound boring after awhile. But man...that last note shows Elliot's brillance. He just needs to choose songs that showcases his range and allows his voice to soar like that last note he sang.

Quote Originally Posted by tdoug View Post
    I would agree he was self-conscious when he sang "Heaven." His stiffness was very noticable. But this week he was smiling and swaying, following the camera, trying some vocal runs at the end -- it seemed to me that he got his confidence back. I think some people were bummed that he chose a relativley obscure, laid-back song, but if you re-watch the segment you can see he's fairly comfortable.
    Not really, he was definitely more nervous this week. If you played back a high-resolution video, you can see him fiddling with his coat at one point. I think the "follow the camera" gaze at the beginning of the song threw him off and he had to resort to the knee slapping thing he does when he's nervous. Shame on whoever who made him do that. Elliott is better off just standing there and letting his beautiful voice speak for itself instead of engaging in fancy footwork which detracts from his performance.
    Last edited by jasminefan; 03-17-2006 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jasminefan View Post
    Not really, he was definitely more nervous this week. If you played back a high-resolution video, you can see him fiddling with his coat at one point. I think the "follow the camera" gaze at the beginning of the song threw him off and he had to resort to the knee slapping thing he does when he's nervous. Shame on whoever who made him do that. Elliott is better off just standing there and letting his beautiful voice speak for itself instead of engaging in fancy footwork which detracts from his performance.
    Ah. I don't have high-resolution video, so maybe my lo-fi equipment obscured the nervous bits. I still loved the performance though! I've played the song back several times and it gets better each time.

+ Reply to Thread