+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 163 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

FORT Fogey
    I hope he doesn't sing "Ribbon in the Sky". I really loathe that song!

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Just a little fun trivia: I believe the last person to sing "Ribbon in the Sky" on AI was Ruben Studdard--at his original audition! He sounded great. I'm sure Elliott would do very well too.
    Ahh, I remember when Ruben sang that...he was amazing! I actually remember you pillbeam from when we used to post on these boards about season 2 (best season ever), haha.

Anyway, yeah..back to Elliott.

I think Elliot would be a lot cuter if his hair wasn't cut straight across his forehead. It almost looks like he's wearing some sort of cap, and it doesn't frame his face in a flattering way. I can do without the Amish beard, too.

But he does have a great voice and style for jazz.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella View Post
    I think Elliot would be a lot cuter if his hair wasn't cut straight across his forehead. It almost looks like he's wearing some sort of cap, and it doesn't frame his face in a flattering way. I can do without the Amish beard, too.

But he does have a great voice and style for jazz.
    \

I totally agree. The hairstyle isn't doing him any favors, or any other guy that wore his hair like that. He needs some height in the front, or at least a highly textured cut that would make it jagged and messed up. Okay, off of the beauty comments. He has one of the best voices in the competition, but for some reason, I have to search my memory to think of him. He's one of my favorites when I see him perform. Top 5 material.

I thought he sounded great as usual but I kind of wish he would have picked another song.

I thought Elliott did a good job last night. I don't think it was his BEST, but he did it justice. I could tell that he was a bit nervous--at least it came across that way. I too wish he had choose a different song. Nonetheless, he's still my FAVORITE guy!
    "Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work."--Booker T. Washington, 1901

I thought Elliott was good but MMFL is still his best performance so far. He was so sweet when he started crying when Stevie walked into the room. Made me tear a little too.
    Last edited by jasminefan; 03-15-2006 at 07:56 AM.

The thing that worked against Elliot last night was his lack of performance experience. Moving up to the big stage showcased seasoned performers like Taylor, but Elliot has some catching up to do. I still hope he does well, but he doesn't seem to getting a lot of buzz.
    Count your blessings!

He's still one of my favorites and I hope that he can make himself shine more. Ordinarily, his performance last night would be considered a disaster but since it was only one of many, I don't see a problem with him being eliminated this week. I hope I'm right.

I agree that he could use a hair style. Problem is, his hair is so short, what's to do? I think he might consider a part in it when it grows a bit.

Not to be a biased fan or anything, but I truly liked Elliott's performance of Knocks Me Off My Feet. To borrow a Chris quote from Simon, I can actually see Elliott having a hit with that. I'll admit Elliott's got some confidence issues when it comes to performing, but the boy can sing! Chris and Taylor, while more seasoned performers, aren't as versatile in my book.
    Last edited by tdoug; 03-15-2006 at 09:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread