+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 163 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

Opps...yeah I am getting ahead of myself. I meant tomorrow. I'm not eager much!lol

I do think "For once in my life" would be really good too!

I actually think a great song for Elliott would be Stevie's "I Never Dreamed You'd Leave in Summer." It is an extremely hard song to sing (so he could show off his range) with a beautiful, really dramatic melody. Elliott could knock it out of the park.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Those are great pics... he's almost hot in those pictures! Go Elliott. Stevie Wonder week should be a cake walk for him!

I think if given the chance with these theme weeks, Elliott should try and sing "Up on A Roof" by James Taylor. He's got amazing tone and control-- I think he could make James really proud.

Pillbeam, you picked the song the same song I want Elliott to sing. I was listening to a lot of Stevie songs and I would like to hear Elliott sing a ballad that's soulful and can show off his range and "I Never Dreamed You'd Leave in Summer" would be perfect.

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    He should do "All in Love is Fair" I think someone already did it this season (poorly) though. It's a hard song to sing but if done right, shows a lot of ranges and song breaks he is capable of doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum-ECT-girl View Post
    He should do "All in Love is Fair" I think someone already did it this season (poorly) though. It's a hard song to sing but if done right, shows a lot of ranges and song breaks he is capable of doing.
    It was Katharine McPhee who did that song couple of weeks ago. That song is a tough one. It killed David Brown last year and it could've killed Kat McPhee too but luckily the other girls were even worst that week. If someone can pull that song off, he/she's gonna be high on results. Hopefully it's Elliott!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I don't know if he should risk his chances by doing "All in Love is Fair"-- the song's cursed!!

I personally think he should do "Ribbon in the Sky" but I feel that whatever he sings he'll still be great.

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    All of Stevie Wonder songs may cursed for AI contestants because nobody does them well...

I forgot about "Ribbon in the Sky," I don't know how I could have because it was a wedding song for about 10 weddings i've attended in the past! But yes, Elliot would be perfect for that song.

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum-ECT-girl View Post
    All of Stevie Wonder songs may cursed for AI contestants because nobody does them well...

I forgot about "Ribbon in the Sky," I don't know how I could have because it was a wedding song for about 10 weddings i've attended in the past! But yes, Elliot would be perfect for that song.
    Just a little fun trivia: I believe the last person to sing "Ribbon in the Sky" on AI was Ruben Studdard--at his original audition! He sounded great. I'm sure Elliott would do very well too.

+ Reply to Thread