+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 163 FirstFirst ... 62112152153154155156157158159160161162163 LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1623
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Evidently not to many. He sold just 2,000 the first week of release.
    True and it pains me to have to admit it. His latest CD is wonderful but no matter how wonderful it is if he doesn't have any promo not many folks are going to hear it. You can't honestly think that Durbin's performance was all that last week on AI, and yet, his album got a big jump in sales from his appearance on AI. It would be nice if AI had invited Elliott back for a performance to coincide with his CD release. I am not going to give up hope that Elliott will finally get his due but in the meantime if he is able to continue making a living at his craft I will be happy.

I refuse to be negative when it comes to Elliott... a voice like that comes along only once in a while. I agree with Little Sew & Sew, that Elliott's live performances are dynamic and you just get swept away in his enthusiasm and love of performing. For now I will just have to content myself with his 3 CD's plus his 2 holiday CD's as well as all the YouTube live performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    True and it pains me to have to admit it. His latest CD is wonderful but no matter how wonderful it is if he doesn't have any promo not many folks are going to hear it. You can't honestly think that Durbin's performance was all that last week on AI, and yet, his album got a big jump in sales from his appearance on AI. It would be nice if AI had invited Elliott back for a performance to coincide with his CD release. I am not going to give up hope that Elliott will finally get his due but in the meantime if he is able to continue making a living at his craft I will be happy.

I refuse to be negative when it comes to Elliott... a voice like that comes along only once in a while. I agree with Little Sew & Sew, that Elliott's live performances are dynamic and you just get swept away in his enthusiasm and love of performing. For now I will just have to content myself with his 3 CD's plus his 2 holiday CD's as well as all the YouTube live performances.
    Durbin had a 570% increase in sales week over week after his Idol appearance, but even with the huge % increase he still sold just 6,000 units. So, he started from about 31. And, NO, you'll never hear me admit his appearance on Idol was good. I thought it reeked.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Elliott posted on his FB page that he'll be in the audience tonight at AI with Taylor. Would be nice if Seacrest took a moment and acknowledged him.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Elliott posted on his FB page that he'll be in the audience tonight at AI with Taylor. Would be nice if Seacrest took a moment and acknowledged him.
    I'll be sure to look for him! Thanks for letting us know.

I'll bet ECM has her dinner dishes done early tonight, and I'm thinking Little Sew&Sew already has her couched warmed up. These girls have it bad!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

FORT Fogey

I did see Elliott but is was interesting that nothing was said to him especially with the new song out

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I did see Elliott but is was interesting that nothing was said to him especially with the new song out
    Elliott looked happy and handsome. Yep, it burned me up that he didn't even get a few minutes with Ryan, especially since his new CD dropped last week. Elliott is a good ambassador for American Idol, donating his time to the Malaria No More program in Africa. But, he was not the season 5 winner (Taylor was), so I guess they feel they don't owe him
    anything. Still burns me up, though!

Here's a backstage interview from last night at the AI show:

Kitten stuck in wall - Yahoo!

Elliott sang the National Anthem at Dodger Stadium on Tuesday night. He sounds wonderful. Too bad the game was so sparsely attended.

Dodgers National Anthemn: Elliott Yamin of IDOL - YouTube

FORT Fogey

Thanks for the YT...He did sound fabulous.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

+ Reply to Thread