+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 163 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

Even with mediocre song, this guy is pure joy to listen. His voice and control are just awesome, I love the tone, vibrato and everything. And I like his personality too, he seems to be very nice guy.

Mediocre voice..I liked him more at the beginning of the shows season. I hope he doesn't sing any more Bryan Adams songs. There is only ONE Bryan, and he is clearly just too hard to compete with.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Newbie
    Thanks, dvm! I agree with you...his body language said it all. In the past two performances, he was feeling it. He was boppin to the music his facial expression was much more into it. He was having fun. But yesterday night, he looked so mechanical. And you're right..after he finished, he did not look pleased with his performance.

I'll agree with everyone that was disappointed in Elliott's performance last night. I mean, he always sounds good technically. However, I felt like he sort of mailed in his performance last night. It was a song that requires passion to really "sell" it and Elliott was completely devoid of passion. He even seemed uncomfortable and unhappy with his choice. I think he'll make it through this next vote, so I hope he learns from it moving forward.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Yeah it wasn`t his best night.
    The song he did has Bryan Adams written all over , no way to compete with that.

Of course he is just going to swoosh into the next round.

Lex
    I really enjoyed Elliot's performance this week. Great singer!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by nemo78 View Post
    Even with mediocre song, this guy is pure joy to listen. His voice and control are just awesome, I love the tone, vibrato and everything. And I like his personality too, he seems to be very nice guy.
    I completely agree with your statement about Elliott....he seems to be a really laid back nice guy......I am so proud of him for what he's accomplished so far and can't wait to see what else he has in store for us!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Newbie
    Next week's going to be all Stevie Wonder... so he'll probably rock as usual.

I totally agree. This theme is tailor-made for him

So glad he made it!! I can totally see him knocking it out the park next week!
    "Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work."--Booker T. Washington, 1901

+ Reply to Thread