+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2373093;
    Croshal Entertainment Group

This group represents Elliott and according to this site, Elliott will appear on AI on May 16th and will sing "Wait for You"!

I can't wait to see him and hear him!
    YAY! Awesome news! I really thought AI was going to snub him.

That sure is awesome news. And won't the 16th be the night of results from the final three? What poetic justice.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;2373383;
    YAY! Awesome news! I really thought AI was going to snub him.
    Count me in as saying YAY too !!!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Yipppeeeeee!!!!!!!
    Ain't Love Grand!

I'll be seeing Elliott perform the night after his AI performance. I'll give a report.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Newbie

I'll be seeing Elliott perform the night after his AI performance.
    Me too. I am looking foward to seeing him in a small venue like the Birchmere. I think it is going to be a great show.

I thought Elliot looked and sounded fantastic in his performance last night.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I wish Elliot all the best, but that song last night seemed to be stuck in neutral going no where fast. I guess there is a market for it, but I just didn't care for it very much. What I did like was him pimping for a Porsche in the face of all the Ford sponsorship. I betcha he got reminded of that back stage later.

I always liked Elliott last year and voted and voted for him. It was good to see him on the show last night. I thought he sounded great. I've always liked the richness of his voice. I headed over to iTunes right away and bought the single.
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

FORT Newbie

Re: Elliott in Concert

Josh Hodge, who opened for Elliott was really great. Can sing the soulful songs a la Elliott and also has a great falsetto. I heard many people saying how much better he was than Robin Thicke, and I have to agree with them. He joked that he and Elliott clicked so well when they met (which wasn't too long ago, through Josh's attorney) it was like they are dating now...a reference to how much they have in common and how much time they have been spending together.

Elliott put on an incredible show. As good as he sounds on tv/cd, he sounds even better in person. He is incredibly gracious, humble, down-to-earth; I hope he stays that way. He made it a point to apologize for having to change some tour dates, but when Idol asked him to perform he said he couldn't turn them down. He said he wouldn't be here without Idol and was grateful for everything they've done for him. After the show he signed items and took pictures with all those who were waiting, even though I'm sure he was tired and jet-lagged. They left via bus for Richmond, the next stop on their tour. If you're an Elliott fan, I strongly suggest seeing him in concert.

+ Reply to Thread