+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

I just finished listening to his album highlights on Amazon and it reminds me of Stevie Wonder and Donny Hathaway (Elliot's idol). His voice is wonderful. I hope he sells a bazillion records.

Tara: Elliot is not dead! lol
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2297846;
    Tara: Elliot is not dead! lol
    Haha I know, but I miss seeing him on TV every week. I miss season 5 more than anything. There was SO much talent in that season. After the first two eliminations, I honestly wanted to keep them all around. In this season, I can think of three or four I wish had been knocked out in the top 24 or even before then.

Sorry for the rant. Elliot's AMAZING!

Elliot is supposed to be on Ellen this morning!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Elliott sounds fantastic on Ellen. I just wish he would cut his hair, just a little.

And I'm sorry, but I can't get used to his new teeth. I know he didn't have great teeth, but it's hard for me to see the new ones.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Regular
    AT&T Blue Room performances and interview are up. Go to AT&T blue room and click on "Live Performances" in the menu. Performances are Movin On and Sharing the Night Together (yes, as in the late 70's Dr. Hook song).

It looks like Elliott's CD is going to start its 2nd week at #5 with right around 100,000 sold for the first week! Awesome!
    Last edited by DeltaDawn; 03-27-2007 at 01:06 PM.

I forgot to set my DVR for the Ellen show. I hope someone puts it up on YouTube.

According to Hits Daily Double, Elliott sold 96,264. He came in 3rd (again!) behind Modest Mouse and Joss Stone. This is very good for an indie album. I am so happy for him.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coachgrrl;2299401;
    I forgot to set my DVR for the Ellen show. I hope someone puts it up on YouTube.

According to Hits Daily Double, Elliott sold 96,264. He came in 3rd (again!) behind Modest Mouse and Joss Stone. This is very good for an indie album. I am so happy for him.
    I also forgot to set our DVR to record it. Your (and my) wish has come true. There are a couple of videos on youtube now. He likes Melinda, Lakisha and Blake this year.

From Salon.Com. Elliott's ahead of Daughtry. Pretty interesting.

Billboard album charts:
    1. "We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank," Modest Mouse (129,000 copies)
    2. "Introducing Joss Stone," Joss Stone (118,000 copies)
    3. "Elliott Yamin," Elliott Yamin (90,000 copies)
    4. "Daughtry," Daughtry (76,000 copies)
    5. "Veteran," Marques Houston (69,000 copies)
    (Billboard)

http://www.salon.com/ent/col/fix/2007/03/29/thu/
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

That really isn't a fair thing to say. Elliott is newly released while Chris' album has been around since before Christmas & has surpassed 2million in sales. Elliott had a good opening, but he has a ways to go before you can realistically say he is above Chris.

The AI phenomenon does continue though with 3 albums in the Top 15, & multiple singles in multiple genres from multiple artists climbing the charts.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2303005;
    That really isn't a fair thing to say. Elliott is newly released while Chris' album has been around since before Christmas & has surpassed 2million in sales. Elliott had a good opening, but he has a ways to go before you can realistically say he is above Chris.

The AI phenomenon does continue though with 3 albums in the Top 15, & multiple singles in multiple genres from multiple artists climbing the charts.
    Hmmm... maybe I'll have to go out and buy five more copies.

+ Reply to Thread