+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

may
    FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    Sorry, yet another tedious media tidbit.

I just watched a preview clip of the show, and Elliott's not on ET with the rest of the top 12 tonight. No explanation for his absence given in the little snippet I saw.
    Yes, I watched the ET. The top 11 were there except Elliott. No explanation was given.

Damn, I saw some of ET (can't usually stand the show as they sensationalize every story) and came here hoping someone could enlighten me as to why Elliott wasn't on.
    I thought he sounded excellent with Mary J, but wish he'd have been given a little more to sing solo.
    I actually wish the entire night had been a little more aobut the Idol finalists and a little less about the guests in general (well, except for Prince of course )
    I imagine Elliott was thrilled to take the stage with Mary J though.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    Damn, I saw some of ET (can't usually stand the show as they sensationalize every story) and came here hoping someone could enlighten me as to why Elliott wasn't on.
    I thought he sounded excellent with Mary J, but wish he'd have been given a little more to sing solo.
    I actually wish the entire night had been a little more aobut the Idol finalists and a little less about the guests in general (well, except for Prince of course )
    I imagine Elliott was thrilled to take the stage with Mary J though.
    Those close to him who post regularly elsewhere are saying he had a prior engagement. (No details.) There was a brief scare when it was rumoured that he had some kind of diabetic attack, but that seems to have been so much bull...um, matter.

Quote Originally Posted by tdoug View Post
    Ooh, an "outed" American Idol contestant? So who's that, Anwar?

That is great tdoug! I love it!

Elliott is going on tour, I hope. Josh Gracin didn't.
    2003-2008.

FORT Newbie
    Not sure if I am allowed to quote from other fansites...so I will summerize what I read elsewhere. Elliott he chose to attend an important meeting instead of appearing on ET. It was implied that this meeting was pertaining to his his recording career and that time is of the essence since there is so little time before rehearsals begin for the American Idols Live Tour.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    My sister, who doesn't know anything about American Idol or Elliott, and only tuned in last night because she heard Mary J. was going to sing, called me totally unsolicited after the show to tell me about "the dude who sang with Mary" because she thought he was great.

Same thing with a woman in my office who didn't watch all season until the finale--she said "That other guy should have won, Damn, he could really sing!" And I said "Elliott"? She said "Yeah, that Elliott guy."

Quote Originally Posted by marlap View Post
    Damn, he could really sing!
    That's so cool. Little things like that which recognize Elliott's talent.
    2003-2008.

In watching my tape of the finale, I noticed how happy Elliott was when MJB was singing. He was beaming while she sang. After seeing that look on his face, I guess I can accept that he didn't get to sing much during that performance. He looked ecstatic, and that makes me happy for him. I also don't think now that she was purposely trying to upstage him, because when he moved over beside her, she put her arm around his waist (lucky girl) a couple times. She just really gets into the performance throwing her arms around. I think she's the only star who performed that said thank you afterwards, too. She said it two or three times while leaving the stage. Did any of the other stars? I didn't notice.

I had to laugh at the look on Taylor's face and the way he pulled away from TB after she grabbed his arm around her and made the rubbing motion on her body. As my little granddaughter would say...she was 'gusting. It was disgusting the way she acted during that song.

I don't think that all the contestants were really singing with their idols, though. I doubt that Braxton is Taylor's idol, iffy on Meatloaf being Kat's. In fact, probably the only one who actually performed with his own idol was Chris. However, Elliott was the one who seemed the absolute happiest to be on that stage with a star...although in my eyes, he was the star on that stage that night, and all season long.

I cannot wait until he puts out a cd!

Yeah, Mary J is a very dramatic performer so I wasn't surprised by their performance at the finale. It's hard to perform with her, and sometimes hard to follow her. But Elliott more than held his own, and we should give Mary props for stepping in last minute.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre View Post
    Me, too, but I'm beginning to have some faith that his day will come! ...

And they did do the song pretty much the way MJB and Bono did it, so I guess if it's good enough for Bono, it had better be good enough for Elliott. He really does look just thrilled, too, so I think he was happy, even if a lot of fans would have liked to seem more of him. I think he sounds wonderful on the parts where he did sing. And I love the opening where Mary was singing the descant-y backup backstage to Elliott's tuneful singing out front.

He's told the Richmond paper that Stevie Wonder was first going to duet with him, then canceled for some reason, then Lenny Kravitz, and finally Mary J. So I guess there also was a time-preparation issue in their duet.
    OMG..if Lenny Kravitz would have been on there.. ..I would've thought I had died and gone to heaven....Taylor winning, Prince and Lenny Kravitz all on one show

I now have Elliott singing "Home" as one of my ringtones on my phone...him along with Taylor singing "Play that Funky Music"!!! Keeping the AI spirit alive.......
    Last edited by bbnbama; 05-27-2006 at 10:37 AM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread