+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Celestique View Post
    A lot of the journalists and commentaries covering AI this season mentioned Elliott as their preference, so I don't think it's just this small fanbase.
    Yeah, and they carry almost as much authority as my sister!

Well, when USA Today calls Elliott's duet with Mary J the "highlight" of the show, I gotta side with your sister.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

The best quote of the night......
    "Ladies and gentlemen, MY Elliott Yamin".
    I LOVE Mama Yamin! (Almost as much as I do Elliott)

I think Elliot will probably one of the most successful idol finalist in idol history

More MJB and Elliott pics. He's totally in awe of her, so cute.

FORT Fogey
    Check it out. Elliott does some hip-hoppy, rap-gospel stuff. Here. Tracks 7, 9, and another one?

http://cdbaby.com/cd/big%20planz

Also, this, from Entertainment Weekly. Which idols have the most commercial viability? Chris, Taylor, and

"1. Elliott Yamin: Much to my delight, I've heard fewer and fewer derogatory remarks (and increasingly more raves) about Elliott's looks with each passing week of the Idol competition. But whether or not the guy submits to the dentist's chair, who cares? His voice is amazing, and if he taps into the confidence he showed during last night's results show, he could bridge a massive market spanning from Michael Bublé to John Legend. A quick listen to Elliott's ''A Song for You'' tells the story: The boy's a hottie, and soon enough, he'll have the sales to prove it"

Nice to see the versatility recognized, when I kept hearing all season that, to a lot of people, all his songs sound the same. Luckily, to some of us, they don't.
    Last edited by natashapierre; 05-26-2006 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tdoug View Post
    Great! I was hoping R&K wouldn't forget him. Any word on Ellen?

tdoug, I checked out Ellen's listing and it says outed American Idol contestant for Friday. I'm not sure if they mean Elliott or Kat
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre View Post
    Also, this, from Entertainment Weekly. Which idols have the most commercial viability? Chris, Taylor, and

"1. Elliott Yamin.
    Michael Slezak is my hero. He's been reviewing AI all season, and Elliott was clearly his favorite, but his critiques and opinions have always been honest and fair. You can read the full article, and browse back through his thoughts on Elliott (and I guess the rest of the season; whatever) here.

In other news, the sly little agent provocateur who's been fueling rumors about Elliott signing with her label after the summer tour, has recently said she is positive that Elliott will not be recording his debut album with 19Evil, and that he would take "one of his other offers." And yes, that thin thread of speculation is enough to give me an unqualified sense of hope.

God, I LOVE elliott! *thud*

+ Reply to Thread