+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    He'll be on Tuesday, June 1st, per the Regis site. (Wow. Checking the Regis site. The depths of fandom.)

I think, but am not sure, that he, Taylor and Katharine are all appearing on the same day.

Do you mean Thursday? May 31st is Wednesday
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Do you mean Thursday? May 31st is Wednesday.
    Yup, yup, yup. Thanks for correcting me!

Have to mark that down on my calendar. That's awesome about the album.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

Thanks for that info, MotherSister. I hope I don't forget to tune in to Regis and Kelly that morning, and I hope Elliott gets to sing a song for us.

He did really well last night. IMO, outshone all of the contestants.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    He'll be on Thursday, June 1st, per the Regis site. (Wow. Checking the Regis site. The depths of fandom.)

I think, but am not sure, that he, Taylor and Katharine are all appearing on the same day.
    Great! I was hoping R&K wouldn't forget him. Any word on Ellen?

The only way Elliott has a future as a performer is if all his fans continue to support him. If you guys don't buy his stuff, the guy is toast. Noone outside of his fan base is impressed with him, and last nite with MJBlige was horrible for him but great to see Mary. Being paired with the best is tough.

Quote Originally Posted by kimanis View Post
    The only way Elliott has a future as a performer is if all his fans continue to support him. If you guys don't buy his stuff, the guy is toast. Noone outside of his fan base is impressed with him, and last nite with MJBlige was horrible for him but great to see Mary. Being paired with the best is tough.
    Thanks for the advice?

But as for no one being impressed with him, I have to disagree. My sister, who doesn't know anything about American Idol or Elliott, and only tuned in last night because she heard Mary J. was going to sing, called me totally unsolicited after the show to tell me about "the dude who sang with Mary" because she thought he was great. I don't think he was as unimpressive as you might imagine.

FORT Regular
    That goes for all the contestants...really

A lot of the journalists and commentaries covering AI this season mentioned Elliott as their preference, so I don't think it's just this small fanbase. Elliott just has to extend what's already there, and find the right outlet for his talent.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

I don't know about MJ Blige being the best. I didn't know much about her, beyond the name, so my first impression of her was last night. I thought she was a total camera hog, was doing a solo when it was supposed to be a duet, and I was less than impressed.

Elliott has the ability to gain new fans wherever he goes. He has a great voice, a great stage presence (now that he's gotten over his nerves), and he's a total cutie. His personality just shines.

+ Reply to Thread