+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

Mmm, yes, but 19Evil have shown themselves to be rather stupid about their Idol-artists before. After all, they passed on Josh Gracin because they disregarded his huge niche potential. So I wouldn't put it past them to overlook Elliott's appeal and decide he's not worth their time and money.

I guess everyone will just have to be on pins until something official happens.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    By the time his duet had ended I found myself thinking a whole lot more Elliott & a whole lot less MAry J. would have been nice.
    Exactly. I would have loved it if Elliott had sung more...He did great last night however.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    Mmm, yes, but 19Evil have shown themselves to be rather stupid about their Idol-artists before. After all, they passed on Josh Gracin because they disregarded his huge niche potential. So I wouldn't put it past them to overlook Elliott's appeal and decide he's not worth their time and money..
    I think they have trouble conceiving of any niche as being huge. Eventually they did get the clue with country -- hence, Carrie. And I guess this year they decided that alt-rock was huge enough -- hence, Chris. ... I too am inclined to believe that they probably haven't beyond those niches yet, so maybe E *will* be safe on the grounds of their stupidity. Hope so.

(If I were Chris, I think I might worry about their newfound love for alt-rock, though. However, maybe they'll do for him what they did for Carrie and reach outside their usual stable for songwriters.)

FORT Regular
    Elliott was awesome last night. He is just so talented and his singing is effortless. His voice stood out so much in the guy's group performance and that is saying something because I like almost all the guy's as singers and thought they were in excellent form last night. Once Elliott learns to relax a little bit more and assert himself he will truly be something special in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    By the time his duet had ended I found myself thinking a whole lot more Elliott & a whole lot less MAry J. would have been nice.
    I was thinking she was a total camera hog - this show wasn't about her, it was about the Idol contestants and one last chance to see them.

I watched the finale again this morning and Elliott really stands out in his performances. Despite Mary J. Blige hogging the song, their duet was by far the best. And his rendition of A House Is Not a Home -- whoa! He should record that for his first album.

I'm in the minority here in that I would actually be thrilled if 19E signed him. He'll get an advance and be set up financially and he'll be able to put out some kind of album at some point. If nothing else, 19E is about money and they want their artists to sell, so I don't think they would skimp in promoting E.

But if he got signed to Universal, that would be great too. Just as long as he's signed to someone.

Elliott News from the AI Elliott board (don't know how true it is)

WOW!!! What a fabulous night for me!!! Firstly because I saw and hear Elliott nail all his songs and made everyone go ballistic because of his voice! (We were at the mezzanine floor, though it's far but we were right on the centerstage) But everytime Elliott sings, everyone was going crazy, even me!! I lost my voice because I was shouting for him!!! And other girls were shouting "I LOVE YOU ELLIOTT" all the time!! Woww!!! What a great great night must be for him!

Then me and my mom able to meet and talk with CLAUDETTE-Elliott's super sweet and gentle mom!!! My gosh!!! That made my day (even though I wasn't able to meet Elliott in person) just to talk to his mom! And guess what?? Claudette says HE WILL BE DOING AN ALBUM AND SHE WANTS US TO SUPPORT HIS SON AND BUY HIS CD!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy and I told her, on behalf of his millions of fans, WE WILL ALL SUPPORT ELLIOTT ALL THE WAY AND BUY HIS CD!!!!! And I even had a nice talk with Elliott's relative (where Claudette stays/lives in LA) and you know what she has to say and I quote "Let me tell you something - There was this BIG opportunity that was given to him and if he (Elliott) had won the title, HE would have never got THAT opportunity at all!- - - -WOH!! And that's a big statement coming from Elliott's family!!!

There you go guys, it's confirmed - ELLIOTT HAS BEEN OFFERED A GREAT GREAT OPPORTUNITY!! AND HE WILL BE RELEASING HIS OWN CD IN NOT SO DISTANT FUTURE!!! I thanked his relative and gave them a big hug and was so happy to see these good hearted people treat us fans like one big happy family! I got Claudette sign an autograph for me too!!! (Darn it! I didn't have my camera because they didn't allow them inside!!)..

SO....I'M REALLY REALLY EXCITED NOW FOR OUR ELLIOTT!!! AND THIS IS THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE SEEING HIM AND HIS MOM!!! WHAT A DAY!!!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Just want to inform all the Elliott fans that he WILL be appearing on Regis and Kelly the week of the 29th. I'm not sure what day, so check your listing. I'm sure it will be after Taylor and Katharine, but at least they didn't forget about him
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Oh, no..Elliot won't be forgotten. I do think this young man has a very bright future of music ahead of him.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Just want to inform all the Elliott fans that he WILL be appearing on Regis and Kelly the week of the 29th. I'm not sure what day, so check your listing. I'm sure it will be after Taylor and Katharine, but at least they didn't forget about him
    He'll be on Thursday, June 1st, per the Regis site. (Wow. Checking the Regis site. The depths of fandom.)

I think, but am not sure, that he, Taylor and Katharine are all appearing on the same day.
    Last edited by MotherSister; 05-25-2006 at 04:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread