+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

Elliott was great last night. I still think he should have won but I'm getting over it right?!

By the time his duet had ended I found myself thinking a whole lot more Elliott & a whole lot less MAry J. would have been nice.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    By the time his duet had ended I found myself thinking a whole lot more Elliott & a whole lot less MAry J. would have been nice.
    I absolutely agree with you!

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Elliott was no doubt one of the very best talents uncovered this season. He's Elliott through and through!
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    Ah, thanks for posting this one! It's my favorite.

E looks like he belongs on that stage. He looks like a star!

And he sounded like a star as well, on each of his showcases. He was the standout in the boy-sing; I wasn't watching the screen, but my ears perked up as soon as I heard his voice. And I will break with popular opinion and say that I loved his duet with MJB. Elliott sounded wonderful during his parts, and they divvied it up exactly the same as when Bono sings with Mary, so they each got a bit alone, and then brought it back together at the end. I thought it was sublime.

And I can't really string a coherent sentence together to express how I feel about "A House Is Not A Home." I've tried. Suffice it to say my heart was leaping for joy throughout.

An excellent evening for him.

I know last Tuesday he picked a song to sing that he loves but I kept thinking if he had done either of those solos he'd have been in the top 2....*sigh*

He was wonderful in the duet with Mary J. They both sing with so much warmth and soul. His "House Is Not A Home" was exceptional.

Yay for Claudette and her award!
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

FORT Fogey
    I know that I'm crazed. But my new hobby is worrying about Elliott.... This morning my conspiracy fantasies are turning positive, though.... Given the persistent rumor that Universal is a label that's been scouting E-Dub, it's interesting that several quite unexpected Universal artists showed up last night (of course, they own pretty much everybody, so this probably means nothing ... ).. but ... in addition to Mary J, there was Al Jarreau, Braxton (what a horrible display *that* was ...) ... and ... Prince. Probably nothing there, but ... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre View Post
    I know that I'm crazed. But my new hobby is worrying about Elliott.... This morning my conspiracy fantasies are turning positive, though.... Given the persistent rumor that Universal is a label that's been scouting E-Dub, it's interesting that several quite unexpected Universal artists showed up last night (of course, they own pretty much everybody, so this probably means nothing ... ).. but ... in addition to Mary J, there was Al Jarreau, Braxton (what a horrible display *that* was ...) ... and ... Prince. Probably nothing there, but ... interesting.
    I had the same flash of imagination myself, but I didn't want to bring it up because I thought I was just grasping at straws! Nice to know I'm not alone.

Although, I didn't know Al Jarreau was with Universal. That just makes the theory even stronger.

I wonder how long it will be before 19Evil makes their final decision and signs the folks they want on the dotted line. I hope it's before the tour. That way if they pass on E (and they may be silly enough to do so) the tour will help him add substantially to his fanbase, just in time for buzz to pick up about his future plans.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    I had the same flash of imagination myself, but I didn't want to bring it up because I thought I was just grasping at straws! Nice to know I'm not alone.

Although, I didn't know Al Jarreau was with Universal. That just makes the theory even stronger.
    Well, I just looked up Live ... They're Universal, too. ... I guess the key is the name. No matter who showed up, chances would be good that they'd work with Universal. Because Universal is so darned ... Universal ...

Here's hoping we -- and the Is -- learn soon who Clive and company will sign and who they won't. ... I guess it's too much to hope for that they'll let Elliott go not because they're stupid but because they think he'd be better off elsewhere ... They should, though. I mean, they take credit for former Idols' sales even after those people have sued their way out of the contracts and so on. So no matter who he signs with, they can still include him in their success stories, right? I hope I hope I hope that they only see small bucks accompanied by too much development work with E and thus let him seek more suitable pastures.

+ Reply to Thread