+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

I look at it this way---I vote for someone by thinking "would I buy their cd?"--and I would absolutely buy Elliot's! Go, man, go!!!
    "...but this, all pleasures fancies be; If ever any beauty I did see, Which I desired, and got, 'twas but a dream of thee..."

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by shananana View Post
    I look at it this way---I vote for someone by thinking "would I buy their cd?"--and I would absolutely buy Elliot's! Go, man, go!!!
    Agreed. I could care less if someone had bad teeth when I'm listening to them on the radio or on my stereo.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    Again-nice voice, but Elliott, please, get to a dentist pronto. Our next 'American Idol' can't have yellow teeth that point in every direction but the right one!
    Yeah, because if you don't look pwitty like Ace you can NOT be "Our next American Idol".

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    Yeah, because if you don't look pwitty like Ace you can NOT be "Our next American Idol".
    I could care less what someone looks like and it's actually refreshing to see someone who is average on the show. Go Elliott!!!!

www.PonandZi.com phantasmogoria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    I think the "looks" issue is kind of a non issue. Besides, if anything, they give Elliott a type of underdog status, and Americans love to root for the underdog, especially if he is talented. Many American Idol viewers pride themselves on being independent "judges" of good singing talent--almost to the point of snobbiness. I'm sure there are plenty of voters who are saying "I don't care what Elliott looks like, I know talent when I see it and I'm going to support it."

For me, I was initially put off by Elliott's look, but as I've grown to appreciate his talent and modesty, I'm finding him kinda cute in a down-to-earth, average-joe way.
    I love this guy. He and Chris are my top two. Yeah, he's not hollywood-hot, but he's not ugly either. His kinda cute in his own way. Besides, I think his voice is amazing! I don't put much stock on the looks department when in comes to a singing competition because it's easily fixable by a makeover. The right hair, the right clothes. Just look at Clay. He started out as the geekiest of geeks, but he improved a lot (lookwise) in his season thanks to a makeover. Yeah, Clay's still not hollywood-hot, but he no longer looked like an extra from Revenge of the Nerds. Heck, Kurt Nielsen from Norwegian Idol looks nothing like a pop-star and he WON. AND he beat Kelly Clarkson in only season of World Idol as well, through a world-wide vote.

Elliott's rendition of "Moodys mood for love" was the first one this season that sent shivers down my spine. It was probably the best vocals I've ever heard in this show. And when I saw her mom in the audience, so proud and happy, it brought tears to my eyes. I think it was very touching performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    Actually I don't like Ace either. Elliott doesn't have to be 'pretty', there's not much they can do with a face like his anyway, but since he is singing on national TV every week, and we have to look at his mouth/teeth so much, he could at least try to get some help for teeth so they look more...human.

Why is everybody so concerned with the teeth , have you guys ever seen Tom Cruise before he became famous ?

Elliotts performance was just great.
    I didn`t know that was a Stevie Song.
    Listening to it reminded me of this TV show "Moonlighting" with Cybill Shepherd , the song had this classy mood.
    I would listen to that cruising around in my car at night.

I'd be afraid to fix his teeth if I was in charge. Remember the Swan? Whenever those girls got veneers they talked weird because they weren't used to their new teeth. Elliot's voice is fantastic as is. And I don't think his teeth look yellow or rotten (like Bucky's and Kevin's), they're just not aligned very well. Also his jaw juts out (overbite? underbite? whatever.) so it would probably need a more invasive kind of treatment. Maybe if they changed his hair and some other little things it would help people overlook his less-than-perfect pearls and we could keep listening to his velvety voice.

FORT Fogey
    Loved Elliott's performance! I hate to say it, but it would probably be a good thing if he got hits teeth fixed and then grew his hair out.

+ Reply to Thread