+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 163 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1623
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

Aww, that was a great interview. Thanks for posting, cabernetCally.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Nice interview....even in print he's a super guy! Thanks cabernetCally for passing along that interview!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Thanks for sharing that!

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann View Post
    I really hope he gets a great record deal, but part of me remembers that today's idols are yesterday's news too quickly. I hope he makes it. He deserves to, not just because he's a nice guy, but because he's awesomely talented.
    That's true, Dinah. Making a career as a pop star is hit or miss and usually miss for Idol contestants. But even if Elliott isn't signed by Clive/RCA or whoever it is, and even if he doesn't land with a major or mainstream label, I think Elliott's career as a singer is set. Of course pop stardom would be nice, and I'm sure Elliott wouldn't have minded taking the crown and having a bit of a boost into the pop world, but when it comes down to reality, I think he just wants to sing, and he wants to sing music that he likes. So whether he ends up on TRL, or on the smoky-intimate-club circuit, I think he'll be satisfied with what he gained from the show. And as long as he occasionally passes through my neck of the woods, and gets the chance to put out some new music, I'll be satisfied too.

Of all the AI contestants, I believe Elliott deserved it the most, it would have been so nice to see someone win who hasn't been handed stuff their entire lives (like Katharine, for example.). He was the most talented singer in this season, or any season for that matter. I know he is going to get signed and do really well. GO ELLIOTT!!

I enjoy FORTplay JayPea Patches's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t_ffy View Post
    Of all the AI contestants, I believe Elliott deserved it the most, it would have been so nice to see someone win who hasn't been handed stuff their entire lives (like Katharine, for example.). He was the most talented singer in this season, or any season for that matter. I know he is going to get signed and do really well. GO ELLIOTT!!
    Although I won't go as far to say that "he deserved it the most of all of the contestants", nor "was he the most talented singer in this season", I do believe Elliot to be fully deserving of everything that he has earned, and his role as an inspirational figure to others with challenges and disabilities could have an even greater impact on people's lives - beyond his singing prowess.

His musical career will allow him to use his talents as a potential conduit to tell his personal story about life, his challenges, and how he has persevered and become the person he is today - thanks to American Idol.

Godspeed Elliot!!!
    "An apple a day may keep the doctor at bay" ... but on top of that, an Apple™ consumer won't get any viruses either!!!

I've been so bummed since the results show this week. I wake up in the middle of the night and remember that Elliott's gone, and I get depressed. He was so sweet and so genuine - and so real - I'm gonna miss him in the finale next week. I really wanted a Taylor-Elliott face-off, and I won't get that.

I wish Elliott nothing but the best. I hope to buy his CD soon!
    2003-2008.

Tickety, we'll still get to see Elliott in the finale, and I guess we'll just have to be happy with that. My competitive spirit still wishes he would have won, but my rational side tells me that he's going to do all right anyway. He will hopefully have the chance to make a record that HE wants to make, not some tripe the AI people choose for him. I admire his stance on staying true to himself and not bowing down to the pressure of singing songs that everyone else said was right for him. Heck, he could sing the alphabet and I'd still think he outsang the others. LOL

I hope for all of the Elliot fans, that he will be a success story like Clay Aiken. I think he has the talent and personality to pull off an "upset" debut album. I can also see him with a tremendous country-wide grass roots following, with a lot of smaller venue success. I look forward to the opportunity to purchase him album. I don't have any concerns that Elliot will have future success. I am sorry to all of his fans that he didn't make it to the finals.

Just remember, if he truly was your American Idol. Prove it where it counts, in records sales.

I was so happy watching his video return home to Virginia! Such a genuine guy, he is. His amazement at the turnout and people's support was so nice compared to Kat's. (I realise Kat didn't really have many people coming out to see her.. she even looked a tad worried after Elliott's video was shown). I especially like Elliott's gestures to his mother and their special bond that we've been given the privilege to see.

Yes, we'll see Elliott in the finale -- but not competing for the title, and that makes me more upset than anything.
    2003-2008.

+ Reply to Thread