+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 163 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1623
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elliott Yamin - Season 5

Ok I totally cried again listening to Ryan's radio show earlier. They replayed the elimination and his video montage. Elliott really seems ok and just proud to get as far as he did. Then I come here and see his face in gray and got teary again. This is ridiculous! This can't be healthy!!

MS- I just read your post. You are so right on the mark!! *hug*

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReneeM View Post
    Ok I totally cried again listening to Ryan's radio show earlier. They replayed the elimination and his video montage. Elliott really seems ok and just proud to get as far as he did. Then I come here and see his face in gray and got teary again. This is ridiculous! This can't be healthy!!

MS- I just read your post. You are so right on the mark!! *hug*

Now you understand what us Chris fans felt like last week. After Chris' departure, I was truly rooting for Elliott to make it. But I just had this feeling that Kat fans would come out of the wood work with her being in the bottom last week to ensure she wasn't there again
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    I've been staring at the empty reply box for like half an hour now, and I can't think of anything to say. It's so pitiful. I haven't even seen the show yet and I'm just so devastated I can't seem to put the words together.

Never has there been a person like Elliott Yamin on my television. This is my idol: a man with such a gorgeous voice, and yet such humility and appreciation for each and every opportunity he was offered, and for each and every fan whose devotion he earned with his talent, his charm and personality, his grace, and the genuine goodness in his soul.

My vote, my participation, my buying in to something so obviously and unabashedly manufactured as American Idol is, has never been possible before Elliott, and it won't happen again. No one out there in TV Land has ever made me feel such a kinship and such a bond; no one has displayed the depth of humanity and heart that Elliott has throughout this whole season. He really is a one-of-a-kind. All of that on top of his enormous talent compelled me to vote and vote hard like nothing has ever done before. I'm sad that so many have missed out on the marvelous man that Elliott is, and I'm even more disappointed that he won't get to show his wonderful voice and spirit off at the Kodak next week. But I'm so, so glad that I got the chance to hear that voice and know that spirit these past few months. It's been such a blessing. I can't wait to follow him wherever he goes next.

Enough rambling. Anyone want to help me come up with a really bitter sig line?
    I share your grief MotherSister, but, in the midst of feeling awful, I'm trying to follow Elliott's example and stay positive. He's happy! He got everything he dreamed of -- validation, the chance to be heard and a huge head start on a career he's so long been searching for. And I'm trying to remember that just a few short weeks ago us die-hards were saying to ourselves, "Oh, if he can just make it into the Top 10 so we can see him on tour." None of us thought he'd make the Top 3! That's a huge accomplishment, especially when you consider his previous lack of experience. And the show last night was his shining moment. It was the most moving, upbeat tribute to an Idol contestant that I've ever seen, plus he rocked the house with "Moody's" and "I Believe It To My Soul." I think it will stay with viewers long after the finale.

Like, I said, I'm trying. It's not easy, but I'm trying.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Elliot was a very likeable, unassuming contestant.

:yeathat He sure was..with a huge wonderful heart.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Newbie
    I feel such a mixture of sadness and anger today. It seems so unjust.

But when all is said and done and the dust settles, the truth is the only thing that remains and that endures. And the truth of it is (at least in this person's humble opinion anyways) that Elliott's voice is amazing and he can sing better than the remaining contestants. He'll get better at performing, and I know he will have a HUGE career. And in the end, him losing this contest will be a blip on the radar screen of his career.

Boy. I finally watched the show. Elliott's homecoming video was really beautiful. He sang beautifully at the parade and the game, and it was thrilling to see him so overjoyed at going home and so overwhelmed at seeing all his fans and all their support. His final singout was so darned smoking hot too. I love what he does with that song. And I loved what he said about AI introducing him to the world as a "new artist." That's so right on.

His interview with Seacrest this morning was also really touching. I'm glad he took the trouble to point out that he's not bitter (and he shouldn't be! I'll take care of that for him), and how everything that happened last night was really a celebration for him, of all he's done and all he's going to be able to do in the future. Ah, it can't be said enough just how much this man deserves the world.

It's a bittersweet day, to be sure. No more weekly Elliott appearances on my TV, but that would've ended next week anyway. No celebration for Elliott as the winner of AI, but so much celebration for all the good he's done himself and his fans with this fight. Sucks that he was eliminated, but I'm so glad he was on in the first place. He's such a special talent.

I'm really hoping that Clive Davis isn't interested in signing him. For one thing, J/Arista/19 don't deserve him or know what to do with him, but mainly, I don't think Elliott wants to go down the pop star road. He implied that with his song choice on Tuesday and all during the season. He needs to be snapped up by some savvy niche label who can help him write, produce, and market the kind of music he really excels at -- that hybrid of jazz, R&B, soul, and um ... grit, for lack of a better word. I want an Elliott Yamin album. Not an American Idol album.

FORT Newbie

I'm really hoping that Clive Davis isn't interested in signing him. For one thing, J/Arista/19 don't deserve him or know what to do with him, but mainly, I don't think Elliott wants to go down the pop star road. He implied that with his song choice on Tuesday and all during the season. He needs to be snapped up by some savvy niche label who can help him write, produce, and market the kind of music he really excels at -- that hybrid of jazz, R&B, soul, and um ... grit, for lack of a better word. I want an Elliott Yamin album. Not an American Idol album.

No doubt. His cd is going into my collection right next to D'Angelo, Eryka Badu, Brian McKnight, Luther Vandross... not bad company in my book.

Last night made me so depressed. Elliott deserved a place in the finale. I'm still so angry about Katharine's smile when they announced Elliott would be the one of go home. She has every right to be happy she will be in the finale but that was tacky, imo. I'm hoping the best for his future career and would definitely buy his albums, see him in concert, I am so worried he'll fade away. I hope I'm wrong.

Elliott was really something rare. He had a good heart, an amazing voice, and did not remind me of any other artist out there today. It seemed like so many other people in this competition are a dime a dozen (Katharine, Chris)...Elliott should have won.

USA Today posted some excerpts from a phone conference with Elliott and he stated that he would like to make a soulful R & B record, but he'd love to work with Quincy Jones, Kanye West, or John Mayer since he's got eclectic tastes and has shown some versatility. He did have an 'indirect offer' from an unnamed source. I hope he does well. He's really extraordinary.

Here are the excerpts.

Oops: the spellcheck didn't like Kanye's name.
    Last edited by Gigge; 05-18-2006 at 05:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread