+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 118 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1171
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

  1. #951
    FORT Fan brookerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    268
    Kellie was so funny, but my friends (some of them) thought that she was fake. I have to agree with them. I mean, no one can be that clueless can they? I could pronounce calimari at age 7. (that cook thing was funny!) she was a pretty good singer. I loved her "How Far" song.
    "I love CoverGirl, it's just so nice to wear."- Brooke
    "Roses are red, violets are blue. Imma win the title and you, you look like boo boo."- Danielle.

  2. #952
    Duke Blue Devil Tickety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Cameron Indoor
    Posts
    1,664
    Quote Originally Posted by brookerox View Post
    Kellie was so funny, but my friends (some of them) thought that she was fake. I have to agree with them. I mean, no one can be that clueless can they? I could pronounce calimari at age 7. (that cook thing was funny!) she was a pretty good singer. I loved her "How Far" song.
    Calamari.

    And I don't think not knowing how to pronounce something means someone is "clueless". Someone posted a while back about how he/she was talking to a friend about Kellie and mentioning the whole calamari issue -- and this friend was an intelligent 34 year old woman with 3 kids, not a high school or middle school girl -- who did not know what calamari was.

    So, "clueless", I don't think so.
    2003-2008.

  3. #953
    Duke Blue Devil Tickety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Cameron Indoor
    Posts
    1,664
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1535017/20060623/hicks__taylor.jhtml?headlines= true

    Taylor Dusts Off Harmonica, Kellie Puts Country Spin On 'Grease' For 'Idol' Tour
    — Corey Moss

    06.26.2006 6:00 AM EDT

    BURBANK, California — Kellie Pickler has one complaint about the upcoming American Idols Live Tour.

    "I'm really upset that we're not going to Albemarle," the Southern belle from — yep! — Albemarle, North Carolina deadpanned during a break from rehearsals Thursday.

    Where're we going to perform if we go there?" Mandisa shot back.

    "Well, you know, there aren't stadiums, but there are farms," Pickler replied. "We can have a hoedown."

    Pickler's had a hard time convincing tour promoters to hit her hometown of 15,000, but the good news is, she's bringing her hoedown with her.

    Pickler's peppy country vibe is just one of a vast variety of styles taking center stage at this summer's annual "Idol" tour, which kicks off July 5 in Manchester, New Hampshire (see " 'American Idol' Top 10 Add 20 More Shows To Summer Plans").

    "We've got so many different genres of music for the tour, I think everyone will find a song they'll like," Pickler promised. "And we've got a lot of surprises. We've got group songs and duets and everything."

    The Idols — the top 10 from the 2006 season — would like to keep the show full of surprises, but MTV News managed to get a few details out of them Thursday, beginning with Pickler's duet.

    "Bucky [Covington] and I are singing a song together," Pickler revealed. "It's a song off of 'Grease,' I'll tell you that, but it's still country."

    "Yeah, we could sing a song about a Big Mac with no cheese and they'd say, 'Is that a country song?' " Covington added. "We checked out a bunch of country duets, but we wanted something kinda funner, you know? And there aren't that many country duets out there."

    "They're all love songs, and Bucky's not that lucky," Pickler quipped.

    Also singing together will be Paris Bennett with Lisa Tucker and Mandisa with Ace Young. "I'm going to try to sing over the screams of girls in the audience," Mandisa said.

    "[The concert promoters] definitely want us to do our compilation songs, but I think all of us are so tired of doing genres that we just want to sing, we just want to do what we do," she continued. "I can't do anything out of my niche. When I tried to do it, I got kicked off, so I'm gonna stick to what I know."

    ---
    For full story, click the link
    2003-2008.

  4. #954
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,420
    I don't watch The View but here is what is being reported on another web site. Did anyone se the show? Can anyone confirm?

    Kellie Pickler of American Idol 5 fame announced on The View her debut album will be released November 14 th through BNA records. It's currently untitled and the first single is due out sometime in September. She plans to work on the album in Nashville on her days off.

  5. #955
    FORT Fogey my3boyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,254
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I don't watch The View but here is what is being reported on another web site. Did anyone se the show? Can anyone confirm?

    Kellie Pickler of American Idol 5 fame announced on The View her debut album will be released November 14 th through BNA records. It's currently untitled and the first single is due out sometime in September. She plans to work on the album in Nashville on her days off.
    Yes, it is true! She did a GREAT job as co-host! I wish she could take Elizabeth's place. LOL

  6. #956
    FORT Fogey BoBoFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,224

    'Idol' Finalist Pickler Signs Record Deal

    http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1002840635

    'Idol' Finalist Pickler Signs Record Deal



    July 17, 2006, 4:20 PM ET
    Phyllis Stark, Nashville
    Kellie Pickler, the folksy, season five "American Idol" finalist, has signed a record deal with 19 Recordings and Nashville-based BNA Records, an imprint of Sony BMG Nashville.

    The first single from the 20-year-old North Carolina native is due at country radio in September. Her as-yet-untitled debut album will follow on Nov. 14. Pickler is recording the album with producer Blake Chancey in between dates on the current American Idols Live tour.

    Sony BMG Nashville is also home to season four "American Idol" winner Carrie Underwood, who signed with 19 Recordings and Arista Nashville following her win last year.


    The label group also recently signed Chris Young, the winner of the fourth season of the USA Networks series "Nashville Star." He is readying his debut album for the RCA imprint.

  7. #957
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,420
    Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz View Post
    Yes, it is true! She did a GREAT job as co-host! I wish she could take Elizabeth's place. LOL
    Like I said, I hardly ever watch the show but when I have I have liked Elizabeth. She seems like a sweetheart. I still think Kellie is better suited to some sort of TV prescence, she seems well suited to comedy.

  8. #958
    Lex
    Lex is offline
    Up, up and away! Lex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    1,514
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan View Post
    http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1002840635

    'Idol' Finalist Pickler Signs Record Deal



    July 17, 2006, 4:20 PM ET
    Phyllis Stark, Nashville
    Kellie Pickler, the folksy, season five "American Idol" finalist, has signed a record deal with 19 Recordings and Nashville-based BNA Records, an imprint of Sony BMG Nashville.

    The first single from the 20-year-old North Carolina native is due at country radio in September. Her as-yet-untitled debut album will follow on Nov. 14. Pickler is recording the album with producer Blake Chancey in between dates on the current American Idols Live tour.

    Sony BMG Nashville is also home to season four "American Idol" winner Carrie Underwood, who signed with 19 Recordings and Arista Nashville following her win last year.


    The label group also recently signed Chris Young, the winner of the fourth season of the USA Networks series "Nashville Star." He is readying his debut album for the RCA imprint.
    Why oh why would someone sign Kellie to a singing contract?

    Thank God I don't listen to country radio.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

  9. #959
    FORT Fogey Muduh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Why oh why would someone sign Kellie to a singing contract?

    Thank God I don't listen to country radio.
    Probably because they know that those of us who do like country music will buy her albums. I certainly intend to.

  10. #960
    Duke Blue Devil Tickety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Cameron Indoor
    Posts
    1,664
    I'm definitely going to get Kellie's album too.

    Yay for Kellie!
    2003-2008.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.