+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 117 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    She should've cut her hair that short for the show.. she looks better with short hair.. imo...
    I think this haircut makes her look MUCH older that she really is.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    I suspect this is her dad....
    Oh, give me a break!

From the article:

"Bo Pickler went to prison for stabbing a man about three years ago and trying to run down pursuing police.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    Oh, give me a break!

From the article:

"Bo Pickler went to prison for stabbing a man about three years ago and trying to run down pursuing police.
    I think it's touching that Kellie can forgive her father his crimes. She's probably not proud of what he's done, and I'm sure she's beyond sorry for the harm he's done to other families. There is no excusing that. But he's still her father, and he's been in jail for a long time. It seems natural to me that she'd be emotional upon seeing him again.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    I think it's touching that Kellie can forgive her father his crimes. She's probably not proud of what he's done, and I'm sure she's beyond sorry for the harm he's done to other families. There is no excusing that. But he's still her father, and he's been in jail for a long time. It seems natural to me that she'd be emotional upon seeing him again.

I agree....no one said he should be forgiven..that is up to the the people he hurt but the guy did do his time and she loves him as Many other kids regardless of what their parents do. Heck I've seen some that forgive for killing the other parent.

Give me a break....I do not know the circumstances behind his act..maybe he was on drugs. Maybe he is clean now and just wants to see his daughter.

The photo brought out a true heart felt human emotion that tugs at my heart for that I feel for her..not for him!

check this out...no wonder she has been emotional....It is no wonder she craves attention and love from others...I just want to hug her!!!
    'Idol' Pickler has won back her life, holding her head high

By MARK WASHBURN
    Apr 28, 2006 : 11:37 am ET

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Nope, wasn't surprised to get the boot. Yep, felt stung by people who made fun of her accent, her malaprops, her inexperience.

All in all, Kellie Pickler says "American Idol" was transforming.

"I'm not ashamed of my life anymore," Pickler said Thursday, a day after getting voted off TV's No. 1 show.

"For so long I felt like I was looked down upon because of my family and I don't feel that way anymore. I'm very proud to say I'm Kellie Pickler and very proud to say where I came from. I may not have had the best raising but it could have been a lot worse. `American Idol' has taught me to hold my head up high."

Pickler, 19, a waitress from Albemarle, faced a wrenching dilemma last fall at the outset of her "Idol" quest. She decided to lay out the painful details of her life -- a runaway mom, a father in prison.

Yep, it's embarrassing to admit such things in front of 30 million people, she says. Yep, it's weird to think of the mother who abandoned her sitting out there, somewhere, watching.

And yep, if you're reading this, Cynthia Morton, your daughter has a message for you.

Pickler is the daughter of Cynthia Morton and Clyde "Bo" Pickler Jr. Kellie Pickler remembers her dad as a wonderful guy who'd get in trouble because of a weakness for alcohol and drugs. Her mother was repeatedly charged with writing bad checks and was convicted in 1988 for passing a forged prescription for Valium and Diazepham at the Albemarle Wal-Mart, where she worked.

The day after Pickler's second birthday, her parents split up. A year later, in July 1989, Morton vanished. When her father would get locked up, Pickler would live with her grandparents, Clyde Pickler Sr., and his wife, Faye, outside Albemarle, which is 45 miles northeast of Charlotte.

In 1992, Morton returned to Albemarle, but rarely made contact with her daughter. But in March 1995, with Bo Pickler in prison for armed robbery, Morton was granted custody. Pickler was in the fourth grade.

"She got custody of me for two years," Pickler said in a February interview with the Observer. "During that time, she was physically and mentally abusive of me."

In a 1997 court filing, Pickler's grandparents said Morton had moved to Union County with the girl and treated the child harshly. The court restored custody to the grandparents. Morton vanished again. Pickler hasn't heard from her since.

Morton's father, Ken Morton of Fayetteville, hasn't heard from her in years, either. He remembers as an infant, Cynthia did not like to be held. "She didn't want anybody to pick her up and love her up," he recalled.

Cynthia Morton lived in California and Colorado, and held a job in Alexandria, Va., in 2004. Her whereabouts are unknown.

Bo Pickler was sentenced to prison in 2004 after stabbing a man in Florida. Kellie Pickler hasn't talked to him in three years. They write frequently and she is looking forward to his release, scheduled for Monday.

Growing up, she found it awkward to talk about her parents. "I was never really completely open about the different life obstacles I've had to overcome," she said Thursday, "because I was so embarrassed about it."

She wasn't sure it would be a good idea to reveal it all when she was selected for "American Idol." For one thing, she didn't want to hurt her father.

"But I knew if I didn't come out in the beginning being honest and open about my life and realizing my life is now an open book, then I knew people would find out about it. The most important thing that you do is be honest, not hide anything."

So she told. Soon, she was reading criticisms of her for weeping on TV about her father.

Of her mother, Pickler says: "For so long I resented her and had so many hard feelings toward her."

She admits she'd be curious whether her mother watched her. And what she thought.

At this point, though, Pickler says she's looking to the future, at doors swinging open.

And she'd want her mother to know this:

"One thing that's so important in life is we learn to forgive others. I ask the Lord every day to forgive me for my sins and for things that I've done wrong. And who am I to not forgive someone for what they've done?

"I have forgiven her. I know that I haven't spoken to her in years and I probably wouldn't know her if I saw her. But she's my mother and she's a person. God tells us to love everyone. And I love her. She's my mother."

------

http://www.herald-sun.com/state/6-729374.html
    Last edited by cabernetCally; 05-08-2006 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    I wondered if maybe the AI clothes were about all the really nice things that she has and that's why we keep seeing them. I love that brown top with the big ornament thing and all the gathers. I would like it better with nice pants instead of jeans though.
    Hmm... well, Kellie wore that for the Top 24 girls show, when she was singing How Far, so that was before they had reached the Top 12 Stevie Wonder night. As far as I know, during the process of cutting down the contestants from 24 to 12, the contestants have to take care of their own hair and makeup, as well as wear their own clothes - with little or no input from the stylists. So my guess is that brown top (which was simply gorgeous) is Kellie's own (and I love her taste!)

The red top on the other hand was bought for her by the AI crew -- so I guess she feels like she gets more bang for the buck for that one by wearing it more? lol... It's a cute top, and if I liked it, I'd wear it whether I'd bought it or someone else did.

But they're all her things now so it's all good. I welcome seeing more of them.
    2003-2008.

The bron one might be a littel too warm now, too. When I was thin enough I would have loved that, as a dress. add a couple of feet onto the bottom, some nice brown or beige shoes and we're off!

Sadly, I never remember the top 24 girls or guys, or even twelve for that matter. Once it gets to twelve, total, then I'm with them.

I hope that Kellie can make it in Nashville. I think that with some instruction she can be very good.

FORT Regular
    I would never have thought that the contestants can keep the clothes.... interesting.

Hi, Whereismymind, glad you're here.

Sometimes I spell a little better than my previous posts leads you to believe.

Yes, I think it's great that they get to keep the clothes. Of course, many of them I wouldn't wear to a dog fight, but others are beautiful. I seriously doubt that Katherine is going to wear that yellow dress again any time soon.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Yes, I think it's great that they get to keep the clothes. Of course, many of them I wouldn't wear to a dog fight, but others are beautiful. I seriously doubt that Katherine is going to wear that yellow dress again any time soon.
    She could hold an eBay auction for charity for that dress. I'm sure it would raise a nice amount.

+ Reply to Thread