+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 118 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan View Post
    This sounds like nonsense. Singing in the elevator? Yeah, I'll buy that. But so what? As for the remark to the chef, I'd bet it was a joke of some sort (if it happened at all).
    Though I'm not a fan of Ms. Pickler, I agree that the above-referenced article sounds contrived and out of context.

Regarding the elevator: If you go to any university's theater and/or music department when auditions, rehearsals, or final recitals are going on, you'd be hard pressed to find an elevator without someone singing or running lines. Elevators, like showers, have great acoustics, so why not?

Regarding the comment to the culinary staff: I'm sure it was something said facetiously or as a joke, and the writer took it out of context.

A lot of natives of the American Southeast play the "country dumb" card to their advantage on reality shows (freely admitted by Farmer Butt-Crack aka Big Tom on Survivor), but I don't think that Pickler is playing.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fan
    Forget the rumours. I think Kellie did fine this week, she wasn't the best. But she certainly wasn't the worst.

As Simon says. She is likeable.

Her likeability is skating on thin ice and is based upon a very thin narrative. She is plastic. Her story has one dimension. I am so much more interested in every one else than her bumpkin sob story. Ho hum.

Quote Originally Posted by Victrola View Post
    Her likeability is skating on thin ice and is based upon a very thin narrative. She is plastic. Her story has one dimension. I am so much more interested in every one else than her bumpkin sob story. Ho hum.
    Okay, I've said this before on another thread. I don't know Ms. Pickler, but I know girls just like her here in North Carolina. It's not an act with them, it's the way they are. As for her "sob story," don't blame her. I'm sure the producers grabbed onto that one with a vengence.

She's not my favorite, but anyone who thinks all of the other girls up there (or guys) are "genuine," I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona I'd like to tell you about

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Okay, I've said this before on another thread. I don't know Ms. Pickler, but I know girls just like her here in North Carolina. It's not an act with them, it's the way they are. As for her "sob story," don't blame her. I'm sure the producers grabbed onto that one with a vengence.

She's not my favorite, but anyone who thinks all of the other girls up there (or guys) are "genuine," I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona I'd like to tell you about
    I will agree with you Misty8723....I live in Alabama and there are girls just like Kellie here too....talk in that long country drawl....wear too much makeup and have that bleach blonde hair....take 10 minutes to tell one small story.... Some of 'em are adorable but I admit, some of 'em can get on your nerves so I can see where people not accustomed to that may be turned off by it....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey
    I pride myself on being a good judge of character and I think she is absolutely geniune.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    I pride myself on being a good judge of character and I think she is absolutely geniune.
    I have to agree with you. I live in the South & all of my relatives from both sides of the family have lived in the South forever, & folks down here are just like her. And it really doesn't have to be a female. The men are just as apt to start to tell a story & 10 minutes later they still haven't gotten to the point, but it has been an entertaining 10 minutes. I say Ms. Kelli is just what she portrays. I don't see any pretentiousness at all.

I ran across another news about Pickler, but this time is about her in Gimme the Mike competition in Charlotte. People are talking about this one because she did mention to the judges she never sang for anyone before or in public, but seems like she did this type of competition before. Is she a fibber? You decide. Here is the video link of her performance http://www.wsoctv.com/video/7329335/detail.html

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by LiVvV View Post
    I ran across another news about Pickler, but this time is about her in Gimme the Mike competition in Charlotte. People are talking about this one because she did mention to the judges she never sang for anyone before or in public, but seems like she did this type of competition before. Is she a fibber? You decide. Here is the video link of her performance http://www.wsoctv.com/video/7329335/detail.html
    Kellie did not say she never sang before the public. She merely said she hardly sang in front of any big show that matteres.

There's a difference.

While I doubt she'll win. I hope Kellie will have a bright future ahead of her. She seems like an interesting person. Let's just ignore unfounded rumourrs untill some hard evidence comes into light.

Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Kellie did not say she never sang before the public. She merely said she hardly sang in front of any big show that matteres.

There's a difference.

While I doubt she'll win. I hope Kellie will have a bright future ahead of her. She seems like an interesting person. Let's just ignore unfounded rumourrs untill some hard evidence comes into light.
    I think GImme the mike! is more than a public show, it was a tv show, so I think it's pretty big. We have one GImme the mike! every year in Portland also.

+ Reply to Thread