+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 118 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Kellie failed vocally last night, like a bunch of the other singers. Simon, this year, says singing is not so important as personality. We don't need American Idol for that. If you want to see a blond girl with lots of personality doing the naive country schtick, you can always watch a "Beverly Hillbillies" rerun.

I'm sorry but this girl annoys me
    "...but this, all pleasures fancies be; If ever any beauty I did see, Which I desired, and got, 'twas but a dream of thee..."

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Kellie failed vocally last night, like a bunch of the other singers. Simon, this year, says singing is not so important as personality. We don't need American Idol for that. If you want to see a blond girl with lots of personality doing the naive country schtick, you can always watch a "Beverly Hillbillies" rerun.
    I COMPLETELY 100% agree with you, she wasn't good and she didn't impress me. Even Becky gave a better performance than her, but for some reason, I predicted that the judges and producers of this show is going to put her in the top 12, just with the whole experience with Carmen from season 2

Quote Originally Posted by shananana View Post
    I'm sorry but this girl annoys me
    I'm with you. I don't know if it's the heavy accent or the heavy reliance on the hard-luck story that's more annoying.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

She comes across as really sweet and genuine to me. I'm in love with her personality but her singing is just OK to me.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I can tell she has really polarized people. One camp finds her fake and annoying, the other camp finds her genuine and a sweetheart. Well, I can't help but find myself in the latter group. Yeah, she's (or rather AI is) playing up her backstory a lot, but you have to realize she is 19 years old and it is likely that that actually has been her life story thus far as she hasn't had time to really have that many other overpowering experiences in her life. That's the sort of childhood that traumatizes people for life. You could also tell that she was really and genuinely having a great time just being there judging from what they showed of her during the top 12 men's performances.

This girl I want to see do well. Not the greatest voice on AI but she's so likeable!
    American Idol - Let Simon speak!
    Tamyra - "the beauty of American Idol is that you do not have to win to make it."

Quote Originally Posted by scrappygirl View Post
    This girl I want to see do well. Not the greatest voice on AI but she's so likeable!
    The thing is she's shown flashes of brilliance. I don't know if it's nerves or what but sometimes she's awesome and sometimes she's not so great (like last night).

FORT Fogey
    I think she is one of the most precious human beings I have ever seen/heard. I find it impossible not to like such a sweetheart. I agree that vocally she is just okay, but I have a feeling that she COULD be wonderful. I hope she realizes her true potential.

I thought her singing on Tuesday was thin (as opposed to rich and full ) and grating. Her backsotry is what makes her rich and full and I don't think that's going to last. She is plastic and 2 dimensional. Not going to go all the way and hoepfully not much longer.

+ Reply to Thread