+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 117 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113 ... LastLast

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Lolls View Post
    I hate the way she puts that Reba McIntyre twang on every single song. Hell, I don't like it when Reba dies it, but a bad imitation is unbearable. Kellie's whole performance was a wreck. But, I did laugh when she said that something was a "load off her chest" to Rod, and which point he blushed and gave her the dirty-old-man look and grunt-laugh. Too funny. Is Kellie too stupid to have heard anything about Rod Stewart and things you just ought not to say? Or was she doing it on purpose to get some feigned-innuendo points? You be the judge.
    I don't know. I'll give her a pass on not catching the "words AND the lyrics" joke, because as old as that gag is, lots of people don't notice that you actually said that. But that "You took a load off my chest" line delivered by a woman who dresses to highlight how big that chest is, well how could that not have been a setup?
    I did not think Kellie was off key but her performance was nothing special and she really did screw up timing.
    Everyone else was so good last night that Kellie stood out as the worst by default.

But Paula is right that Kellie should try for the big screen.

A picture of her talent was posted over on the episode thread last night, but I think it was probably either a bit too risque or too much bandwidth theft from somewhere else. I admit this is a bit of a catty comment, but under other circumstances (in other words if you simply saw the photo of her which I'm alluding to and didn't already identify with her from previous discussion here), I think there's at least a possibility you'd agree. In short, if you didn't see it, somebody got a hold of a picture of her wearing what looked like a harem girl outfit, with a er... waistline that was well below her actual waist. Amazingly below. With (to put it diplomatically) a good patch of territory most girls don't show in public showing.

Yes, on one level it's probably petty for us to talk about this, but in my opinion it's fair game, because she's being portrayed on the show as a nice sweet innocent, and maybe I'm a bit too conservative, but the photo was a bit too revealing for that to totally wash for me. If she was a good singer, with the pretensions of being a fake innocent, I honestly think that I wouldn't much care.

As for the talk about her having hate posts, and moreso being the only one? That doesn't make sense. Every year there's tons of disdain posted for a variety of contestants--it's part of the whole vibe of making fun of the whole show. Certainly, those aren't the eyes everyone likes to look at this glorified popularity contest with, but its valid. Taylor has plenty of people making fun of him. Ace has legions, as does Paris. Kellie is not being picked on to the exclusion of anyone else, and while I think it's perfectly acceptable to want to see a more positive discussion of the show, that's just one opinion, and one way of watching the show, and I honestly don't think Kellie is being singled out.
    Last edited by JR.; 04-19-2006 at 06:44 PM. Reason: response to deleted post

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

By the way, for those who haven't seen that fairly interesting photo of Kellie someone posted yesterday-

I'm guessing it's not here because of the rule about reproducing things from other fansites, but there's no reason we can't go there, look at it, and come back here and talk about it, right? It shows Kellie in a whole different light, since the errr... waistline on the costume is well... a bit beyond what most people would wear. Anywhere. Ever.
    Last edited by JR.; 04-19-2006 at 06:43 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    What does a costume or waistline have to do with her career as a singer?

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
    I was surprised that the judges were not harshing with their remarks last night. After hearing her sing, I thought to myself "the judges are really going to let her have it" because I picked up that something was wrong during her performance, but I thought that she had messed up with the words. The judges were actually easy on her last night. I know that she did not forget the words but you could tell that somehow she got ahead of the music. It was just awful - with that said she will not be going home.
    I agree that they went easy on Kellie, but I thought it was more human nature than anything else. If they're in a good mood (as the judges were because it was a pretty good night), then even if it was bad, you hold back a little. On the other hand, if the judges get crap one after another (see: 21st century night) then they sort of lose their temper and take it out on the contestants.

Not everything on this show is because someone is pimping someone else.

Is there a website where we can see what she's wearing. PM me the website, I'm really curious.

Thanks.

FORT Fogey
    The judges went easy on her cause she immediately said "I butchered it" before they could do anything. She comes off like a sweet little girl at times and she charms them even Simon.

Feel sorry for Kellie? Not me, not a bit. This show is about picking the best singer, Kellie is clearly not the best, not even close.

FORT Fogey
    "I butchered it" worked well enough for me. I voted exclusively for her for two hours. I don't want her off of my tv screen, she's become like family. (oops maybe that's not such a good thing).

Who really cares what she's wearing? Listen, a lot of celebs who are presented as angels now, weren't angels way back in the day. She never said she was conservative in dress. What really matters is how she acts and most articles I've seen about her say she's actually that sweet, chatty, and personable.

As for her performance, as someone who likes her, it was definitely the poorest, but perhaps her fans will be forgiving. They probably will be.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

+ Reply to Thread