+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 118 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Poor Kellie. That just was not good. But, at least she knew it & was the first to point it out. And her line about if you can't be good at least have good shoes was a classic. I really feel badly about all the hate directed at her & all the personal insults. I don't think she will win, & if it would stop all the nastiness I wish she would go home soon.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Poor Kellie. That just was not good. But, at least she knew it & was the first to point it out. And her line about if you can't be good at least have good shoes was a classic. I really feel badly about all the hate directed at her & all the personal insults. I don't think she will win, & if it would stop all the nastiness I wish she would go home soon.
    That line about the shoes was cute! I just can't help but like her. You're right in that she won't win and last night, she was not good. But she may swing enough sympathy votes to last another week.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

What I don't get is why the camera didn't give us a shot of the shoes she wore, at that moment. Remember the night Diana DeGarmo sang "Turn the Beat Around", in Season 3? She wore a long red, prom-style dress and afterwards Simon commented, "I'd give the performance a 7 and the dress a 3", after which the camera gave us a nice view from the shoes up.
    2003-2008.

Lex
    Kellie was horrible last night. If there was ever a week for her to be eliminated, this is it. *crosses fingers*

Oh, she'll be safe, but she ought to go home. I hate the way she puts that Reba McIntyre twang on every single song. Hell, I don't like it when Reba dies it, but a bad imitation is unbearable. Kellie's whole performance was a wreck. But, I did laugh when she said that something was a "load off her chest" to Rod, and which point he blushed and gave her the dirty-old-man look and grunt-laugh. Too funny. Is Kellie too stupid to have heard anything about Rod Stewart and things you just ought not to say? Or was she doing it on purpose to get some feigned-innuendo points? You be the judge.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

I was surprised that the judges were not harshing with their remarks last night. After hearing her sing, I thought to myself "the judges are really going to let her have it" because I picked up that something was wrong during her performance, but I thought that she had messed up with the words. The judges were actually easy on her last night. I know that she did not forget the words but you could tell that somehow she got ahead of the music. It was just awful - with that said she will not be going home.
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

i think that was her worst performance. i cringed through the whole thing. but she'll probably make it through because of her personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Kellie was horrible last night. If there was ever a week for her to be eliminated, this is it. *crosses fingers*
    Bye and large (a phrase Kellie probably doesn't know!), the Kellie SuperFans don't give a hoot how she actually preforms. She may not even be in the B3. She probably ain't going down until the point where it's just her and Taylor as the likely F2, regardless of who actually performs what.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    You're right in that she won't win and last night, she was not good. But she may swing enough sympathy votes to last another week.
    Lord please, NO!

I hate sympathy votes with such a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
    I was surprised that the judges were not harshing with their remarks last night. After hearing her sing, I thought to myself "the judges are really going to let her have it" because I picked up that something was wrong during her performance, but I thought that she had messed up with the words. The judges were actually easy on her last night. I know that she did not forget the words but you could tell that somehow she got ahead of the music. It was just awful - with that said she will not be going home.
    Right. Kellie gives an undeniably horrible vocal and an even worse performance (as she stared, deer-eyed, bobble-headed, and bewildered at the camera) and all anyone can think to say is "Well, you look great!" "You got it going on!" "The song didn't suit you."

Give me a break. I don't know or care what Simon's inentions are with his blatantly biased "critiques" but he should just stop the lies. Phony is not a good look.

Typing this out just made me remember the Kellie Pickler of the first season; I think her name was Christina Christian. Anyway, I bring her up because Simon did the exact same thing, coddled her through an unquestionably crappy performance. Then on the results show he backtracked and said he was wrong. After all the votes were in, of course.
    Last edited by MotherSister; 04-19-2006 at 12:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread