+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 118 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

I for one cannot wait to see her go.

Quote Originally Posted by jasminefan View Post
    The part where she walked up the ramp and humped the floor? There you go.
    I guess my mind is not as far down in the gutter as yours, I didn't see it that way. Nor have I been to any strip shows lately

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I guess my mind is not as far down in the gutter as yours, I didn't see it that way. Nor have I been to any strip shows lately
    I haven't been to any stripshows before but this is not the first time she's done it and it sure doesn't fit in with the image of an innocent country bumpkin which she's desperately trying to portray to us.

Quote Originally Posted by jasminefan View Post
    I haven't been to any stripshows before but this is not the first time she's done it and it sure doesn't fit in with the image of an innocent country bumpkin which she's desperately trying to portray to us.
    Well, see, I don't think she's trying to portray that. I think the producers are desperately trying to portray her as that. I don't think there's anything naive or innocent about her. She may not be worldly, and there may be some things she doesn't know about, but that can be said about most of us. I still think she's more entertaining than either Katherine or Paris, of the women left.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    Kellie just has a really big and really fantastic personality. The others have good personalities (especially Taylor), but Kellie is a star. Why should she hide who she is? Why should she be quiet? Besides, it's not like all she does is comedy. When she sings, she delivers big time, and as an entertainer, she's one of the very best there. Bohemian Rhapsody was brilliant and I hope she wins!!
    Well, I personally don't think her voice is the best, and I have heard her falter with many notes on many songs. She is far from star quality.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I think Paris is entertaining, then Kellie, then Katherine. I think she and Ace suffer from after-audition low-glow (invented that term), meaning they were fine on the small audition stage, but then some aspects of a large stage swallows them up. Nerves for Ace, less energy for Kat, etc. Kellie, Paris, and Taylor seemed to have made the shift most successfully imo.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

I don't think Kellie is desparately trying to portray herself as sweet or innocent - or anything, really. Comparatively, to the other contestants who are somewhat more reserved or "sophisticated" in a sense (I don't mean that Kellie isn't dignified) - Kellie really just puts it all out there and behaves the way she would without all the cameras around. Perhaps her naiveity (sp?) comes off as fake to people, but for me, she's the real deal.
    Last edited by Tickety; 04-17-2006 at 06:57 AM.
    2003-2008.

Ok, I am not a Kellie fan.
    These are the three reasons why.
    1. Vocal talent: She has one of the weakest two voices left (Ace being the other).
    2. Stage Performance: She doesn't command the stage. It is very easy to take my eyes off of her. She doesn't make me excited to see what she is going to do next. I can't see anything in her that make me say "wow" that girl is the American Idol.
    3. Personality: Finally, I do not like the way she is when the music is over. Her constant attention seeking comments and behavior are extremely annoying. I don't care if it's real or false, at this point I just want her to stop.

Honestly, I have not seen any one competitor this year that has all three of the components I would like to see from the AI winner. Some have one of the three, some even have two of the three, but Kellie doesn't have any of the three.

You "hit the nail on the head".
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I actually think Kellie will be in the bottom 3 tomorrow. That performance was too bad for her not to be. She'll still be safe, though.

+ Reply to Thread