+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 118 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

I have to agree with you fluff I was highly disappointed with her performance.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I didn't think the performance was that bad. It was just okay - not outstanding, but not horrible, either.

What I sense with this girl is that she's already developed a C.O.P.--a cult of personality. Honestly, her vocals weren't just sub-par, they were in the bottom four or five of the night at best. And her persona seemed forced, which lowered her even a few more spots for me. I know many will say that the "aw shucks" stuff can be real, but I wasn't feeling it.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

TBH, when I see Kellie speak I just want to hug the girl. She seems so broken and sad.

Alot of her problems stem from never performing. I think she could be pretty good if she performed in front of people for a few years. I think this experience is a little too much for her at this point in her life.

FORT Fan
    For some reason I think that no matter how she performs, She'll still be my favourite. Her story makes me just want to squeeze her into a little ball and keep her in a glass box. She seems like such a sweetheart.

FORT Newbie
    I really like her, hope it is the nerves and not the need for lessons, but, think it could be the latter. She definitely has a future in a place like Nashville, and I loved the comment about grandpa Clyde and all the sammmmiches hes getting lately rotflmao.

FORT Fogey
    Kellie sounded reasonably good last night, and that's more than enough to keep her safe this week. In fact she has a good chance of reaching the final twelve.

Quote Originally Posted by ericsshop View Post
    I really like her, hope it is the nerves and not the need for lessons, but, think it could be the latter. She definitely has a future in a place like Nashville, and I loved the comment about grandpa Clyde and all the sammmmiches hes getting lately rotflmao.
    She definitely comes across as down to earth & sincere, not a phony bone in her body. It was great to see the look on Seacrest's face when she interupted him to tell the Grandpa story. I am more than a little surprised that there are some on here that says she is playing up the Southern thing. To them I say get out of the city, make a trip to the South where people truly are what they portray.

FORT Fanatic

Last night

I thought Kelli definitely did not live up to her expectations last night. She was probably in the bottom 5 as far as I'm concerned.

Her singing was off--why do these girls insist on singing sappy country songs?--But her little interview with Ryan was cute...the whole "Make Clyde a sandwich" comment was funny. I don't think you can fake that; I really believe she is a sweet girl. And I think stuff like that will keep her around for a long time. She is one of those contestants who is so raw, and who I think will improve when the stylist and vocal coaches work with her.

But I just know she's going to sing a lot of country stuff, and I just don't like that kind of music.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

+ Reply to Thread